Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change Galaxy S3 Wifi Password

Tip us?

MrPsychic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Change Galaxy S3 Wifi Password

I got a new router so I have to change the password of the wireless access point I have. When I added it the first time, it added but didn't let me change the password for the wi-fi, and now whenever I try to connect, it won't. How do I change the password for it? I've tried connecting to it, I went to settings and the only option was advanced which just gives an option to make it a static IP address, no options to change the password. I also tried forgetting it, but it'll just pop up again and not allow me to enter any passwords.

broken3D
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default maybe?

Assuming this *new* router supports this function, have you tried wps button setup? If not go to the settings/wifi on ur phone and forget network. Then press the menu button in the same place and shouls see wps pin entry etc. Chose whatever suits ur router
Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPsychic View Post
I got a new router so I have to change the password of the wireless access point I have. When I added it the first time, it added but didn't let me change the password for the wi-fi, and now whenever I try to connect, it won't. How do I change the password for it? I've tried connecting to it, I went to settings and the only option was advanced which just gives an option to make it a static IP address, no options to change the password. I also tried forgetting it, but it'll just pop up again and not allow me to enter any passwords.

mankidavu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPsychic View Post
Select the wifi connection name and long press it.
You should get a menu with "forget network" and "modify network config" options.

Modify network option, should allow you to change the password.