Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 40,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change screen colors on CM 10.2

Tip us?

Orel1996
Old
(Last edited by Orel1996; 2nd March 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Default [Q] Change screen colors on CM 10.2

Hey, first of all thanks alot for all the development and crazy amount of information going on in here
I have searched but unfortunately I couldn't find a solution to my problem so I'm asking here. I recently installed official Cyanogenmod 10.2 stable release on my i9300 international S3 (since CM11 gave me some bugs) and it's pretty great so far, but I've been searching a way to change the color settings of the screen. On CM there are some built in ones but I don't really like those. On the 4.3 Stock Samsung ROM there was "Professional Photo" or something like that that I did like. Does anyone know what I can do? If I understood correctly kernels can do that sort of stuff but I didn't find a kernel to suit my needs.
Thanks in advance

toshal_tambave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Wink You Got It Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel1996 View Post
Hey, first of all thanks alot for all the development and crazy amount of information going on in here
I have searched but unfortunately I couldn't find a solution to my problem so I'm asking here. I recently installed official Cyanogenmod 10.2 stable release on my i9300 international S3 (since CM11 gave me some bugs) and it's pretty great so far, but I've been searching a way to change the color settings of the screen. On CM there are some built in ones but I don't really like those. On the 4.3 Stock Samsung ROM there was "Professional Photo" or something like that that I did like. Does anyone know what I can do? If I understood correctly kernels can do that sort of stuff but I didn't find a kernel to suit my needs.
Thanks in advance
Yes you understood it correctly If your Planning to run a ROM based on CM Screen modes like Dynamic, Professional Photo etc Are available only through custom Kernel.

In Sammy as v all know you can change it under settings but for CM unfortunately you have to stick to Kernel Settings to do that.

Almost All popular Kernels Have that option under Screen>MDNIE mode

All you have to do is select the right kernel

Unfortunatly You asked a Question in this Thread and Also Gave an answer for the same.

Just remeber that for CM ul have to stick to some Externel Kernel as these options wont be available with stock CM 10.2 Kernel as well

Just as a recommendation give GoogyMax , Boeffla, Agni a try as these gave me really good results(Special Thx to Dev's of the same )
THE THREE BASIC NEED OF ME :
1) FOOD
2) SHELTER
3) ANDROID
The Following User Says Thank You to toshal_tambave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Orel1996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshal_tambave View Post
Yes you understood it correctly If your Planning to run a ROM based on CM Screen modes like Dynamic, Professional Photo etc Are available only through custom Kernel.

In Sammy as v all know you can change it under settings but for CM unfortunately you have to stick to Kernel Settings to do that.

Almost All popular Kernels Have that option under Screen>MDNIE mode

All you have to do is select the right kernel

Unfortunatly You asked a Question in this Thread and Also Gave an answer for the same.

Just remeber that for CM ul have to stick to some Externel Kernel as these options wont be available with stock CM 10.2 Kernel as well

Just as a recommendation give GoogyMax , Boeffla, Agni a try as these gave me really good results(Special Thx to Dev's of the same )
Thanks for the reply
I've looked into GoogyMax and Boeffla but as far as I could tell they don't support color changing. If I do install them what can I do to change the colors?
And I have yet to install a kernel, does it come in a zip file that I can install in CWM?

toshal_tambave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Thanks for the reply
I've looked into GoogyMax and Boeffla but as far as I could tell they don't support color changing. If I do install them what can I do to change the colors?
And I have yet to install a kernel, does it come in a zip file that I can install in CWM?
Wrong GoogyMax supports it . Give it a try .

N Yes Kernel Comes in a Zip File . Just Flash Via CWM. NO WIPEs Required

GoogyMax
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...1-8-0-t2270158
1) FOOD
2) SHELTER
3) ANDROID
The Following User Says Thank You to toshal_tambave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Orel1996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Wrong GoogyMax supports it . Give it a try .

N Yes Kernel Comes in a Zip File . Just Flash Via CWM. NO WIPEs Required
Thanks again
Another question, say I install the kernel and I want to update to CM11 or flash a Samsung based ROM. I need to first flash a new kernel and then install the ROM? Where can I download the stock CM kernel?

toshal_tambave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Thanks again
Another question, say I install the kernel and I want to update to CM11 or flash a Samsung based ROM. I need to first flash a new kernel and then install the ROM? Where can I download the stock CM kernel?
No need to flash kernel. Just Download the Zip of new Rom , flash and ur set to Go .

Even i dont know where to find Stock CM kernel . Check on its Thread . N it Comes within the Roms Zip and is flashed by default on all CM Roms

there's a thx button u can use it instead of typing .....nyways welcome
1) FOOD
2) SHELTER
3) ANDROID

Orel1996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
No need to flash kernel. Just Download the Zip of new Rom , flash and ur set to Go .

Even i dont know where to find Stock CM kernel . Check on its Thread . N it Comes within the Roms Zip and is flashed by default on all CM Roms

there's a thx button u can use it instead of typing .....nyways welcome

I also opened this thread if you think you can help me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i9300-t2667873
I'm really frustrated because I like vanilla android and CM is just so much faster than TouchWiz (I'm no won Android Revolution HD 40.0), I switched just because of the GPS issue but I really don't want it as my daily driver.. Maybe a different AOSP based ROM you know that the GPS would work in?

toshal_tambave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:

I also opened this thread if you think you can help me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i9300-t2667873
I'm really frustrated because I like vanilla android and CM is just so much faster than TouchWiz (I'm no won Android Revolution HD 40.0), I switched just because of the GPS issue but I really don't want it as my daily driver.. Maybe a different AOSP based ROM you know that the GPS would work in?
Strange To hear that. Well ive never used Stock CM so cant Comment on that GPS issue.

As Far As Now the AOSP or AOKP Roms ive used have never Had this GPS issue. You Can Try Anyone From Below Thread (CM 10.2/1)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-roms-t2218825

For me i would have chosen between PACMAN PARANOID n SLIMBEAN . All are great for Daily use

Also Check out This ROM. MY personal favourite Amongst All. Bug Free and Stable , Archidroid but its KK

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...hands-t2354859

Yes CM is definately Smoother than TouchWIz( Thx to Free RAM ). But Try out the ArchiDroid Stock Sammy ROM. You Might Like it for its smoothness

Rom recommendations are not allowed on xda. You have to try out and search for which rom suits u the best same goes with kernels
1) FOOD
2) SHELTER
3) ANDROID

Orel1996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Strange To hear that. Well ive never used Stock CM so cant Comment on that GPS issue.

As Far As Now the AOSP or AOKP Roms ive used have never Had this GPS issue. You Can Try Anyone From Below Thread (CM 10.2/1)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-roms-t2218825

For me i would have chosen between PACMAN PARANOID n SLIMBEAN . All are great for Daily use

Also Check out This ROM. MY personal favourite Amongst All. Bug Free and Stable , Archidroid but its KK

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...hands-t2354859

Yes CM is definately Smoother than TouchWIz( Thx to Free RAM ). But Try out the ArchiDroid Stock Sammy ROM. You Might Like it for its smoothness

Rom recommendations are not allowed on xda. You have to try out and search for which rom suits u the best same goes with kernels
Dude you were of great help, thanks alot