Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 39,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Selected network unavailable

Tip us?

Masteq
Old
(Last edited by Masteq; 19th June 2014 at 07:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default [SOLVED] Selected network unavailable

Hi,
I've encountered a problem today. By mistake i have restarted my phone after the wipe, and soft bricked my phone. Then I tried to flash to stock with odin and after a few tries managed to do it :P But the problem is, after the flash i've got a "selected network unavailable" notification. Tried many things, different stock firmwares, reinstalled many times, but to no luck. After that i've installed aospa and tried to restore my efs backup, but that didn't help either. My imei is intact and in download mode my model is shown too.. What can I try doing to make it work? I can provide any information you ask.. My model is I9300 International. Baseband version in "about phone" tab is: I9300XXEMG4, the stock rom i've installed is as shown in *#1234#: PDA: I9300XXEMG4 CSC: I9300OXXEMG3 MODEM: I9300XXEMG4
Nokia 3310 -> Siemens C55 -> SE w580i -> Samsung Avila -> HTC Desire -> Sony Xperia SP - > SGS III

SGS III Running ParanoidAndroid 4.4 RC1

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Go read the sticky thread on efs in general forum.

If your efs backup was made when your firmware was older than EMG4 then you need to downgrade to the old firmware before you restore it, as efs format changed at EMG4.

Both the imei and serial numbers are required to obtain network.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Masteq
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Go read the sticky thread on efs in general forum.

If your efs backup was made when your firmware was older than EMG4 then you need to downgrade to the old firmware before you restore it, as efs format changed at EMG4.

Both the imei and serial numbers are required to obtain network.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I have both imei and serial correct, but how do I check which baseband I made the efs backup on? Because I don't remember..
Nokia 3310 -> Siemens C55 -> SE w580i -> Samsung Avila -> HTC Desire -> Sony Xperia SP - > SGS III

husokal
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Your serial and imei is ok.
So I think you should flash a patched modem matches with your firmware (y)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to husokal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Masteq
Old
(Last edited by Masteq; 19th June 2014 at 07:52 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by husokal View Post
Your serial and imei is ok.
So I think you should flash a patched modem matches with your firmware (y)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
You have just saved my life. Indeed flashing patched modem matching my firmware (UGNA8) after flashing Boeffla-Kernel on stock helped regain my network Connection. May it be a remainder of how easily you can mess up your phone

So officially, problem solved.