Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CM 11 EXPERIMENTAL NiGHTLY - Error status 7

OP Steelbear

7th January 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
------------- SOLVED! --------------

Hello all,

First of all I want to say I'm pretty new to flashing ROMs etc.

Currently I'm at stock 4.3 Jellybean and I want to flash my SGS3 to the new CM 11 ROM.
I rooted my phone following this tutorial: vvvvvv.telefoonrooten.nl/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3-root/ (sorry if its in Dutch, but it uses the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3 and Odin).

After I rooted I copied both the CM11 ROM and GAPPS to my external SD, I went to recovery and tried to install the new custom ROM but I got an error (status 7) and it was aborted.

Also if I try to reboot it won't boot normally as it should be but it goes back to recovery mode automatically...
I fixed to get back to Jellybean by flashing the stock rom (unrooting?) it via Odin.

Anyone else got the exact same problem as I do and knows a solution to be able to flash CM 11?

Thanks in advance,

Steelbear
Last edited by Steelbear; 8th January 2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: It's solved
7th January 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 270

431 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbear

Anyone else got the exact same problem as I do and knows a solution to be able to flash CM 11?

please read the thirst post in a rom/kernel/whatever thread. and maybe if you havent done it already you should also read the stickies in general section.

Quote:

FAQ (Read before post !!)
- If you obtain Error 7 when you tried to install ROM in CWM or TWRP
Install the latest version of CMW or TWRP

BTW latest philz touch recovery works too
7th January 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Since you went back to stock and you already know how to root, I suggest you go to Play Store and download ROM Manager to help you install latest CWM recovery on your device.

Or you can simply go to CWM website, pick the version of the recovery for your phone and flash it via Odin.

Hope it helps.
7th January 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Duhok
Thanks Meter: 246

862 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbear

Hello all,

First of all I want to say I'm pretty new to flashing ROMs etc.

Currently I'm at stock 4.3 Jellybean and I want to flash my SGS3 to the new CM 11 ROM.
I rooted my phone following this tutorial: vvvvvv.telefoonrooten.nl/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3-root/ (sorry if its in Dutch, but it uses the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3 and Odin).

After I rooted I copied both the CM11 ROM and GAPPS to my external SD, I went to recovery and tried to install the new custom ROM but I got an error (status 7) and it was aborted.

Also if I try to reboot it won't boot normally as it should be but it goes back to recovery mode automatically...
I fixed to get back to Jellybean by flashing the stock rom (unrooting?) it via Odin.

Thanks in advance,

Steelbear

I had the same problem the fix is quite easy
flash the latest CWM 6.0.4.4 and flash cm11 it will work fine
8th January 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf10

I had the same problem the fix is quite easy
flash the latest CWM 6.0.4.4 and flash cm11 it will work fine

Indeed it worked! I found it out myself yesterday. Went to the CWM site and downloaded the latest version (6.0.4.4.) and flashed it through Odin. But thanks for your input anyways (to all who replied) !
8th January 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 20

86 posts
An alternative solution that I often use is to open the Updater Script in META-INF folder in the ROM's zip and delete first lines, where it gets device model as property.
Obviously it's an UNSAFE operation (because that lines avoid to install ROMs of other phone on mine) but when I'm sure that ROM I've downloaded is for my phone I do it and it works
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread