Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM 11 EXPERIMENTAL NiGHTLY - Error status 7

Tip us?
 
Steelbear
Old
(Last edited by Steelbear; 8th January 2014 at 08:27 AM.) Reason: It's solved
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Question [Q] CM 11 EXPERIMENTAL NiGHTLY - Error status 7

------------- SOLVED! --------------



Hello all,

First of all I want to say I'm pretty new to flashing ROMs etc.

Currently I'm at stock 4.3 Jellybean and I want to flash my SGS3 to the new CM 11 ROM.
I rooted my phone following this tutorial: vvvvvv.telefoonrooten.nl/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3-root/ (sorry if its in Dutch, but it uses the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3 and Odin).

After I rooted I copied both the CM11 ROM and GAPPS to my external SD, I went to recovery and tried to install the new custom ROM but I got an error (status 7) and it was aborted.

Also if I try to reboot it won't boot normally as it should be but it goes back to recovery mode automatically...
I fixed to get back to Jellybean by flashing the stock rom (unrooting?) it via Odin.

Anyone else got the exact same problem as I do and knows a solution to be able to flash CM 11?

Thanks in advance,

Steelbear
 
Darkened_Sky
Old
#2  
Darkened_Sky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 251
Posts: 395
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbear View Post
Anyone else got the exact same problem as I do and knows a solution to be able to flash CM 11?
please read the thirst post in a rom/kernel/whatever thread. and maybe if you havent done it already you should also read the stickies in general section.

Quote:
FAQ (Read before post !!)
- If you obtain Error 7 when you tried to install ROM in CWM or TWRP
Install the latest version of CMW or TWRP
BTW latest philz touch recovery works too
 
florinlita
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2013
Since you went back to stock and you already know how to root, I suggest you go to Play Store and download ROM Manager to help you install latest CWM recovery on your device.

Or you can simply go to CWM website, pick the version of the recovery for your phone and flash it via Odin.

Hope it helps.
 
Blackwolf10
Old
#4  
Blackwolf10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 238
Posts: 853
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Duhok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbear View Post
Hello all,

First of all I want to say I'm pretty new to flashing ROMs etc.

Currently I'm at stock 4.3 Jellybean and I want to flash my SGS3 to the new CM 11 ROM.
I rooted my phone following this tutorial: vvvvvv.telefoonrooten.nl/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3-root/ (sorry if its in Dutch, but it uses the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3 and Odin).

After I rooted I copied both the CM11 ROM and GAPPS to my external SD, I went to recovery and tried to install the new custom ROM but I got an error (status 7) and it was aborted.

Also if I try to reboot it won't boot normally as it should be but it goes back to recovery mode automatically...
I fixed to get back to Jellybean by flashing the stock rom (unrooting?) it via Odin.

Anyone else got the exact same problem as I do and knows a solution to be able to flash CM 11?

Thanks in advance,

Steelbear
I had the same problem the fix is quite easy
flash the latest CWM 6.0.4.4 and flash cm11 it will work fine
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900
ROM: ThunderWolf Series S5 Rom V2.2
Kernel: Halaszk Cluster V0.17
I am a 17 years old Kurdish boy from Iraq
 
Steelbear
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf10 View Post
I had the same problem the fix is quite easy
flash the latest CWM 6.0.4.4 and flash cm11 it will work fine
Indeed it worked! I found it out myself yesterday. Went to the CWM site and downloaded the latest version (6.0.4.4.) and flashed it through Odin. But thanks for your input anyways (to all who replied) !
 
icex93
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jan 2013
An alternative solution that I often use is to open the Updater Script in META-INF folder in the ROM's zip and delete first lines, where it gets device model as property.
Obviously it's an UNSAFE operation (because that lines avoid to install ROMs of other phone on mine) but when I'm sure that ROM I've downloaded is for my phone I do it and it works
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more