Cannot Copy Item

OP jcsawyer

30th August 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
More
Hi,
I'm having problems with my S3. I'm trying to copy a ROM over to the internal storage via USB. It's connected and I can view all the files and directories. However, when I go to copy the ROM over, I get this error:

Cannot copy item
The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.

I did have it rooted with CWM and custom ROMs, but I flashed the leaked official JB and have had this problem since. I've flashed back to stock ICS and still no luck...
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsawyer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

157 posts
I have the same problem! Bump

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

OOooh I think I found the solution!!!!!!

"MTP Device Cannot Start code 10" error message

I get an "MTP Device Cannot Start, error code 10" error message when I connect my Sansa player to a PC running Windows XP. What can I do?
1. Make sure you are logged in as an administrator
2. If connected, disconnect your player from the PC
3. Open your command prompt, click Start select Run
4. Type cmd then press Enter
5. Type the following after the prompt: Net localgroup Administrators local service /add then press Enter

NOTE: A "The command completed successfully" message should appear.

6. Close the command prompt and reconnect the Sansa player.

-Just CMD on start menu, right click and run as administrator and do as it says here

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Edit: Didn't work Well, it worked on installing drivers that failed, but still I can't copy files.. I still get that message..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Another edit: I think it's because your file is corrupt.. I now noticed that I can copy other files than the gapps.zip I was trying on....
21st November 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keem85

I have the same problem! Bump

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

OOooh I think I found the solution!!!!!!

"MTP Device Cannot Start code 10" error message

I get an "MTP Device Cannot Start, error code 10" error message when I connect my Sansa player to a PC running Windows XP. What can I do?
1. Make sure you are logged in as an administrator
2. If connected, disconnect your player from the PC
3. Open your command prompt, click Start select Run
4. Type cmd then press Enter
5. Type the following after the prompt: Net localgroup Administrators local service /add then press Enter

NOTE: A "The command completed successfully" message should appear.

6. Close the command prompt and reconnect the Sansa player.

-Just CMD on start menu, right click and run as administrator and do as it says here

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Edit: Didn't work Well, it worked on installing drivers that failed, but still I can't copy files.. I still get that message..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Another edit: I think it's because your file is corrupt.. I now noticed that I can copy other files than the gapps.zip I was trying on....

I'm having the same copy issue. I've tried downloading multiple different ROMs and copying them over to the internal storage and it seems like it's a crap shoot whether they work or I get the "cannot copy" error. Of course the ROMs I want to flash are the ones that won't work. I'm on a newly flashed Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.
21st November 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 434

1,913 posts
More
I had the same challenge with 4.1.2 at the beginning. I found out that somehow my kernel (Siyah RC1) was the issue, after installing RC3 and also now with 1.7 it works fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrismast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismast

I had the same challenge with 4.1.2 at the beginning. I found out that somehow my kernel (Siyah RC1) was the issue, after installing RC3 and also now with 1.7 it works fine.

I flashed back to my original jr03o build and I'm still having the issue. Specifically I'm trying to copy the new 4.2 ROM from MMuzzy to internal storage but still no dice.
4th December 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto

96 posts
Have same issue with galaxy note. was working fine, then data reset and installed CWM + recovery, tehn all of a sudden I cant copy ROMs over. Although I can make and delte folders on the phones storage from the PC.
27th January 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #7  

3 posts
still nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcappa

Have same issue with galaxy note. was working fine, then data reset and installed CWM + recovery, tehn all of a sudden I cant copy ROMs over. Although I can make and delte folders on the phones storage from the PC.

I have galaxy S3 int with many roms in my extcard..
i dont know what to do..!! pls help guys

i ve done everything above and still nothing..
29th January 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #8  
Flag Leeds

7 posts
More
Smile
I had this problem too not sure how to fix it but a nice work around is using airdroid from Google Play its free and works a charm.

I cant post a link as I'm a newbie :P
13th February 2013, 01:22 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

159 posts
More
+1
From time to time im experiencing the same problem.
21st March 2013, 04:31 AM   |  #10  
Flag Texas

25 posts
More
Try

Right-click on the ROM > Click Properties > Click Unblock

Had this problem and this fixed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treklos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread