Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,588 Members 47,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 "comepleting" install, but isnt

Tip us?

SamsungS3helpplz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 "comepleting" install, but isnt

So today i took the leap and rooted my phone. That went well and i rooted my phone succesfully. My next step was install CM11. Heres where the problems start. I used the CM11 installer and followed all of the instructions. The installer went through, it said it was succesful, and i saw the blue CM person on my phone and my phone started. As expected it made me run through all the set up options. But then, every 10 seconds i would get "google play services has stopped working" and my phone was running very slow. Going to settings, my phone was still running jellybean and nothing was new, now i was just at factory settings, google play services was broken, and my phone ran slow. I rebooted my phone. still nothing. I tried custom installing drivers and reinstalling CM11 using the installer. Same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

Android 4.3 T-Mobile Galaxy s3

Sorry for wall of txt and general un-organization. Very frustrated.

S /\ E E D
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungS3helpplz View Post
So today i took the leap and rooted my phone. That went well and i rooted my phone succesfully. My next step was install CM11. Heres where the problems start. I used the CM11 installer and followed all of the instructions. The installer went through, it said it was succesful, and i saw the blue CM person on my phone and my phone started. As expected it made me run through all the set up options. But then, every 10 seconds i would get "google play services has stopped working" and my phone was running very slow. Going to settings, my phone was still running jellybean and nothing was new, now i was just at factory settings, google play services was broken, and my phone ran slow. I rebooted my phone. still nothing. I tried custom installing drivers and reinstalling CM11 using the installer. Same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

Android 4.3 T-Mobile Galaxy s3

Sorry for wall of txt and general un-organization. Very frustrated.
Install the latest version of PhilZ recovery from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...touch-t2002953

Go to this page and download a type of cm rom that you want:

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/

Put it on sdcard, go to recovery, do a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache + wipe dalvik cache) then install it from " install zip "

done!