XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cm11 stuck at boot animation

Tip us?

vikrantb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] cm11 stuck at boot animation

I have a samsung galaxy 3, I9300. I am able to run 10.1 stable build. But when i flash the cm11, or cm 10.2 nightlies I get stuck on the boot animation. I have tried clearing cache/dalvik cache etc.. even used the DarkSide Super Wipe image. But nothing seems to be helping. Any insights?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 561
Research efs mounting, as a mismatch between formats can prevent boot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

vikrantb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Research efs mounting, as a mismatch between formats can prevent boot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying to my question. I did a lot of searching but everyone seems to say the same thing - wipe data/wipe cache/wipe dalvik and things should work. Well i tried a lot of it and nothing seems to work. Did not find much on efs mounting, except the fact that there are some tools I could use to backup efs (but then i have an entire ROM backed up using cwm). I did see the efs mount option in CWM, but can't seem to find how I can mount it in the correct format while cm11 is booting (assuming that my older 10.1 and the newer 11 have different efs formats). is there a converter i can use to convert the efs to newer format

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
CWM does not backup EFS please read faqs and guides .