[Q] command to "reboot" wireless?

19th January 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S III and I have a problem which occurs on all the roms I have tried so far: Paranoid Android, Cyanogenmod and Ultimarom: When using Automateit to frequently turn wifi on and off, wifi breaks after a while (no fixed time, sometimes there are days without problems), which means wifi can not be turned on again, neither manually, nor automatically. When turning it on, no networks are shown. The only fix is a reboot.
Now I am looking for a solution which could avoid the reboot. I want to now if there are shell commands to restart/reload the wifi module manually. Then I could use the Automateit-Shell extension to frequently do this automatically. Does anyone know how to do this?

Samba
19th January 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ogulin
Thanks Meter: 309

1,657 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambahb

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III and I have a problem which occurs on all the roms I have tried so far: Paranoid Android, Cyanogenmod and Ultimarom: When using Automateit to frequently turn wifi on and off, wifi breaks after a while (no fixed time, sometimes there are days without problems), which means wifi can not be turned on again, neither manually, nor automatically. When turning it on, no networks are shown. The only fix is a reboot.
Now I am looking for a solution which could avoid the reboot. I want to now if there are shell commands to restart/reload the wifi module manually. Then I could use the Automateit-Shell extension to frequently do this automatically. Does anyone know how to do this?

Samba

From terminal on your phone:

Code:
su
ls /sys/class/net
It will list your interfaces. For wlan it will probably be wlan0.

Then:

Code:
ifconfig wlan0 down
For bringing it up:

Code:
ifconfig wlan0 up
Tried on my stock 4.3 now, works ok for going down. But it automatically brings it up after ~ 10 secs.
The Following User Says Thank You to jukyO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread