Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

comparison between cyanogenmod and stock firmwares

OP darki0xox

4th April 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

43 posts
I really don't know why cyanogenmod consume battery but the stock dont do that much
Maybe it's related to activating the powersaver mode , so what is powersafer mode ?
And is there any ROOTED method to maintain battery on cyanogenmod ?

And I saw on google there is a way of installing root module to make multi window for non TouchWiz phones ? Is that really working ?

And the sensors of the mobile like smart stay is off on CM s3
Or maybe s4 and note 2. 3 s pens when installing cyanogenmod would they lose function too ?
Last edited by darki0xox; 4th April 2014 at 02:27 AM.
4th April 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

43 posts
A link for multiwindow feature on xhalo module
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.z...floatingwindow
4th April 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 165

749 posts
More
Slimroms is based at cm11 and have enought life battery. Maybe custom rom are usualy drainer battery, but offer a lot of freatures

Send from my Galaxy S3 runing with TemasekROM
The Following User Says Thank You to chrissykess For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 250

1,004 posts
More
There are many comparisons already.

Now let me say. I think you know about AOSP and smoothness? Battery drains a little faster,that's true. That's becase Stock firmwares are smooth,maybe,but responsiveness is slow. I mean compared to AOSP,it's slow,that means less CPU power used,thus less battery drain. It's possible to configure AOSP to work like Stock,I mean make it as slow as Stock fw,so battery will be better.

I'm on AOSP now,too. On Stock firmware my battery usage from 100 to 20% was 4 and sometimes more hrs of screen time. On AOSP I get mostly 3.30-3.50,that's because I use custom kernel and tweaks which give more performance. I just couldn't stand that slowness and lags in some social apps on Stock firmwares (it was smooth in settings,but not in apps). AOSP is smooth everywhere and I prefer that and already got used to battery.

As for features,some are lost,some are gained.
The Following User Says Thank You to AssassinGEO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissykess

Slimroms is based at cm11 and have enought life battery. Maybe custom rom are usualy drainer battery, but offer a lot of freatures

Send from my Galaxy S3 runing with TemasekROM

Thanks so much but what is slimroms ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinGEO

There are many comparisons already.

Now let me say. I think you know about AOSP and smoothness? Battery drains a little faster,that's true. That's becase Stock firmwares are smooth,maybe,but responsiveness is slow. I mean compared to AOSP,it's slow,that means less CPU power used,thus less battery drain. It's possible to configure AOSP to work like Stock,I mean make it as slow as Stock fw,so battery will be better.

I'm on AOSP now,too. On Stock firmware my battery usage from 100 to 20% was 4 and sometimes more hrs of screen time. On AOSP I get mostly 3.30-3.50,that's because I use custom kernel and tweaks which give more performance. I just couldn't stand that slowness and lags in some social apps on Stock firmwares (it was smooth in settings,but not in apps). AOSP is smooth everywhere and I prefer that and already got used to battery.

As for features,some are lost,some are gained.

Hmm totally agree with you , but it's not the social apps only on stock they are all apps are bugged and restarting crashing .. unbearable !!
But you know , if I didnt use powersaver mode the battery drains so quickly tho :/ on stock I mean
So what are the customizations I have to do on AOSP to give me more battery life ?
4th April 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 250

1,004 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darki0xox

Hmm totally agree with you , but it's not the social apps only on stock they are all apps are bugged and restarting crashing .. unbearable !!
But you know , if I didnt use powersaver mode the battery drains so quickly tho :/ on stock I mean
So what are the customizations I have to do on AOSP to give me more battery life ?

Use pegasus governor,use battery-saving tweaks. Underclocks and etc.
5th April 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 165

749 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darki0xox

Thanks so much but what is slimroms ?

This is just kind of rom, u can check this one.
http://www.slimroms.net/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i9300-t2565166

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread