Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Contacts disappeared

Tip us?

Vcize
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Contacts disappeared

This kind of got lost in the midst of bigger stuff in the other thread so I figured I'd try one specifically for it, since it's my main issue.

My contacts were saved to my device (or SIM maybe?), not my google account. I know, bad idea, but it was unintentional and it's done. Due to another issue I had to remove and re-add my google account to my phone. When I did this, all of my contacts disappeared. Nothing shows up in my contacts app and when I get a call from someone that I had as a contact I only see their number, not their name/contact info.

I don't know what the relation is between my contacts that were stored on my device and my google account being temporarily removed from my phone, but I don't think those contacts are actually deleted. If I go into the app manager I see something there called "contacts storage" that is 9.2mb in size. I'm guessing this still has the contact's info? Is there any way to retrieve this and/or get them to show up again?

shivadow
Old
Thanks Meter 29
You can change which storage you want to use for contacts. While in contacts hit the menu button.. From there it's relatively easy..

When you get your contacts to didplay it's worth merging with google and filter the storage to google only.

Vcize
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
You can change which storage you want to use for contacts. While in contacts hit the menu button.. From there it's relatively easy..

When you get your contacts to didplay it's worth merging with google and filter the storage to google only.
None of these work for me. If I change the contacts to display to "device" it shows only the built-in AT&T contacts (view your bill, etc). If I choose SIM card it displays nothing.

Same deal with import. Shows nothing found.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
If you have an American model of the s3 then you are in the wrong forum, this is for the i9300 only.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.