XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CPU Governers Cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?

dhwaneetbhatt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial [Q] CPU Governers Cyanogenmod 11

Hello, yesterday I flashed my Samsung Galaxy S3 (intl) i9300 with Cyanogenmod 11 snapshot build (cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-i9300.zip).

All is good, except that the battery life isnt as good as the stock Touchwiz 4.3. So I went through the CPU governers post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1736168 and read all them.

But in my device, I only have 5 governers:

ondemand
userspace
powersave
pegasusq
performance

Screenshot:

Currently I am using ondemand. I want to use either ondemandx or conservative to save my battery. Why are those not available in the options?

Also after selecting userspace I cannot get to select min and max frequencies that always remains disabled? Is there any way to enable it?

I am new to modding and android so sorry if this sounds to lame. Thanks for helping in advance !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phpYhkQq4AM.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	2601279  

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
!!ALL QUESTIONS GO IN THE Q&A FORUM!! OR THEY MAY BE DELETED
Please use the red report button and ask a mod to move the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lefttobleed
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwaneetbhatt View Post
Hello, yesterday I flashed my Samsung Galaxy S3 (intl) i9300 with Cyanogenmod 11 snapshot build (cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-i9300.zip).

All is good, except that the battery life isnt as good as the stock Touchwiz 4.3. So I went through the CPU governers post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1736168 and read all them.

But in my device, I only have 5 governers:

ondemand
userspace
powersave
pegasusq
performance

Currently I am using ondemand. I want to use either ondemandx or conservative to save my battery. Why are those not available in the options?

Also after selecting userspace I cannot get to select min and max frequencies that always remains disabled? Is there any way to enable it?

I am new to modding and android so sorry if this sounds to lame. Thanks for helping in advance !!!!
The link you provided is from HTC sensation forum. Most of the governors mentioned there are not for our phone.
Also since you have installed cyanogen only, you have only stock cyanogen kernel. To play around with governors you need a custom kernel, which has more governor choices and many more settings to save battery. Also u can overclock or underclock the frequencies.
Try the kernels present in S3 I9300 forums only. Dont wander into other phone's forums and install their kernels, u will brick your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to lefttobleed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhwaneetbhatt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefttobleed View Post
The link you provided is from HTC sensation forum. Most of the governors mentioned there are not for our phone.
Also since you have installed cyanogen only, you have only stock cyanogen kernel. To play around with governors you need a custom kernel, which has more governor choices and many more settings to save battery. Also u can overclock or underclock the frequencies.
Try the kernels present in S3 I9300 forums only. Dont wander into other phone's forums and install their kernels, u will brick your phone.
Thanks lefttobleed. Will stick to ondemand have been getting good battery life after switching from pegasusq. Will explore custom kernel as I further explore android development.