Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Bindary Counter: No?? Please help

Tip us?
 
linuxson
Old
#1  
linuxson's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Unhappy [Q] Custom Bindary Counter: No?? Please help

Hi

I am trying to install CM11 on my Galaxy S3 International, but get the following error when I try and update my Recovery and OS
When I boot into Download mode, it shows the Custom Binary counter as "No", which also stops me from adding any custom ROM's or Recoveries via Odin, which doesn't even detect the phone. USB debugging mode has been enabled
When I boot up into Recovery, it immediately shows the little android character on its side with a red exclamation mark, saying that no command was opened or given
This phone was given to me stock, as it wsa used by a family member who never messed around with anything on it except making calls and sending messages. It still has the stock Samsung ROM on it, android v4.3
I have tried sideloading Superuser, Recovery and CM11 to it, but that just gives me a signature verification error as well



Name:  Android version.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  122.4 KB

Name:  Odin Mode.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  254.4 KB
 
tallman43
Old
#2  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxson View Post
Hi

I am trying to install CM11 on my Galaxy S3 International, but get the following error when I try and update my Recovery and OS
When I boot into Download mode, it shows the Custom Binary counter as "No", which also stops me from adding any custom ROM's or Recoveries via Odin, which doesn't even detect the phone. USB debugging mode has been enabled
When I boot up into Recovery, it immediately shows the little android character on its side with a red exclamation mark, saying that no command was opened or given
This phone was given to me stock, as it wsa used by a family member who never messed around with anything on it except making calls and sending messages. It still has the stock Samsung ROM on it, android v4.3
I have tried sideloading Superuser, Recovery and CM11 to it, but that just gives me a signature verification error as well



Attachment 2907747

Attachment 2907748
The screen shot is the normal for download mode it say's no because you have not flashed anything to your device from odin

Please do some more research before you brick your device you can't flash custom roms with odin you need a custom recovery read the basics look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...hread-t2344125 <<

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
 
linuxson
Old
#3  
linuxson's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
The screen shot is the normal for download mode it say's no because you have not flashed anything to your device from odin

Please do some more research before you brick your device you can't flash custom roms with odin you need a custom recovery read the basics look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...hread-t2344125 <<

Thanx for the reply tallman, but I have actually done this loads of times before, and am quite familiar with the whole setup. I currently have another S3 I am using with a ported version of MIUI v5, and used to flash CM versions constantly to my phone when I got bored. If you read the first part of my post, you will see that I mentione Odin does not recognize the above mentioned device, so I cant flash a custom recovery to it. Currently I am stuck as I cant flash recovery to it, and its native stock recovery also gives an error when I boot into it. I need to remove/reset the binary counter (have tried Triangle Away...but need superuser....which I cant flash cause it gives signature verification errors) and then see if it wont enable me to load recovery via Odin, and then flash CM via recovery. Any tips as to how I can fix the No option on my Custom Binary Download option?
 
tallman43
Old
#4  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxson View Post
Thanx for the reply tallman, but I have actually done this loads of times before, and am quite familiar with the whole setup. I currently have another S3 I am using with a ported version of MIUI v5, and used to flash CM versions constantly to my phone when I got bored. If you read the first part of my post, you will see that I mentione Odin does not recognize the above mentioned device, so I cant flash a custom recovery to it. Currently I am stuck as I cant flash recovery to it, and its native stock recovery also gives an error when I boot into it. I need to remove/reset the binary counter (have tried Triangle Away...but need superuser....which I cant flash cause it gives signature verification errors) and then see if it wont enable me to load recovery via Odin, and then flash CM via recovery. Any tips as to how I can fix the No option on my Custom Binary Download option?
Lol I did read the first post but as soon as you mentioned flashing custom roms with odin then this say's to me lack of knowledge

First thing first why are you trying to reset binary counter when it is already set to normal? The screen shot you provided shows a normal download screen.

Your problem is not the binary count it is Odin,have you tried another version of Odin or another recovery like PhilZ what error if any is odin giving?

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
 
linuxson
Old
#5  
linuxson's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
Lol I did read the first post but as soon as you mentioned flashing custom roms with odin then this say's to me lack of knowledge

First thing first why are you trying to reset binary counter when it is already set to normal? The screen shot you provided shows a normal download screen.

Your problem is not the binary count it is Odin,have you tried another version of Odin or another recovery like PhilZ what error if any is odin giving?
Lol...okay, I meant for the next part of the sentence to only mean "recovery via Odin"
Anyway, its the newest version of Odin. And while it may seem normal to some, this is not a "normal" load screen according to my previous experience. I bought my own S3, stock, and flashed roms to it almost immediately. The Custom Binary part is supposed to read either 0 (when new and unchanged) or any number after that depending on the amount of custom roms flashed. Odin does not detect the phone when in Download mode. It escapes me now the exact color and description at the top of the Odin window, but its supposed to show both color and text in one of those windows to indicate a succesful connection, which it doesnt
 
tallman43
Old
(Last edited by tallman43; 22nd August 2014 at 07:51 PM.)
#6  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxson View Post
Lol...okay, I meant for the next part of the sentence to only mean "recovery via Odin"
Anyway, its the newest version of Odin. And while it may seem normal to some, this is not a "normal" load screen according to my previous experience. I bought my own S3, stock, and flashed roms to it almost immediately. The Custom Binary part is supposed to read either 0 (when new and unchanged) or any number after that depending on the amount of custom roms flashed. Odin does not detect the phone when in Download mode. It escapes me now the exact color and description at the top of the Odin window, but its supposed to show both color and text in one of those windows to indicate a succesful connection, which it doesnt
No offence about your experience but100% It's supposed to read "no" not 0. Also whatever it say's 1,5,8 this would not stop you flashing with Odin.

I would seriously look at another version of odin or reinstall drivers or have you tried this tool >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-v8-0-t1703488 << make sure kies is not running on your computer also (if you have it) it can interfere with Odin.

@linuxson Just had a thought you could also try and root with framroot >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...-root-t2130276 << and if you get it rooted you can flash a custom recovery with mobile Odin here >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odin.pro&hl=en <<

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more