[Q] Is a Custom Rom necessary after rooting

Tip us?

myhdmini
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Is a Custom Rom necessary after rooting

Hi All,

I tried looking but did not get any concrete answers so, Just wanted to know if custom ROMs are necessary after rooting an S3.

I ask this as I have blown up few of my earlier phones(SG S1 and MMX A110) after various combinations of installing and removing different ROMs, Kernels etc.

So now I was hoping to find out if i just root my S3, will it function as it is now. will the stock ROM still be there, or will i have to download and install the stock ROM zip from somewhere?

I want thinking of rooting this mobile as i need USB mass storage, bloatware removal and a few RAM mgmt tools that i generally have used.

please suggest your views on this topic.

chrismast
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhdmini View Post
Hi All,

I tried looking but did not get any concrete answers so, Just wanted to know if custom ROMs are necessary after rooting an S3.

I ask this as I have blown up few of my earlier phones(SG S1 and MMX A110) after various combinations of installing and removing different ROMs, Kernels etc.

So now I was hoping to find out if i just root my S3, will it function as it is now. will the stock ROM still be there, or will i have to download and install the stock ROM zip from somewhere?

I want thinking of rooting this mobile as i need USB mass storage, bloatware removal and a few RAM mgmt tools that i generally have used.

please suggest your views on this topic.
(1) all is answered in the guides if you understand the process of rooting
(2) for you explained: rooting does not delete anything, it just gives you more access, hence your stock rom will still be there, meaning you can root a stock rom and keep it or change to a custom one
Galaxy S III (I9300T)
Rooted - Radio: I9300TDUELL2 - PhilZ Touch Recovery - Kernel: Googy-Max
ROM: Slim Bean 4.3

Nexus 7 2013
Stock ROM - Not Rooted (lets see how long )

HTC Desire (A8181)
Hboot: Stock | Rooted & S-OFF
Rom: ICS Beta 0.15.0.1 | Radio: 5.17.05.23 | Kernel: Tiamat | Recovery: 4ExtRecovery Touch
The Following User Says Thank You to chrismast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
This will definitely help http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2362743

Sent from my GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]