Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM recovery

Tip us?

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] CWM recovery

Just this mitnute rooted my GS3. I used odin and the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4. Everything we smoothly, I can see Super User on my phone, however, I cannot see Clockworkmod Recovery anywhere on my phone. Do I need to install it separately?? Thanks in advance guys

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 691
CF auto root is the recommended path to root, it won't install CWM.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
CF auto root is the recommended path to root, it won't install CWM.
Ok thanks, is it necessary that I install it??

Jumaqidi
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorBlue View Post
Ok thanks, is it necessary that I install it??
No unless u wanna flash custom roms, mods etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jumaqidi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
No unless u wanna flash custom roms, mods etc.

Yeah Id like to flash some decent roms. Im finding the stock rom (4.3) thats installed annoying with so many addons that I will never use.

Jumaqidi
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Yeah Id like to flash some decent roms. Im finding the stock rom (4.3) thats installed annoying with so many addons that I will never use.
Then u can flash custom recoveries. U dun have to use cwm. U can use others like twrp, philz. Btw dun use the apps in play store to flash the recoveries. Google search "gt-i9300 (the custom recovery u wan)" and find it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jumaqidi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meeklosh
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It's recommended you flash a custom recovery regardless if u want to flash some mods or roms. It always comes in handy and you have the option to backup the whole system and create an image file, so you'll be safe, if anything goes wrong with flashing someday or you screw your system, you can always recover it with the custom recovery. Pretty amazing
The Following User Says Thank You to meeklosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklosh View Post
It's recommended you flash a custom recovery regardless if u want to flash some mods or roms. It always comes in handy and you have the option to backup the whole system and create an image file, so you'll be safe, if anything goes wrong with flashing someday or you screw your system, you can always recover it with the custom recovery. Pretty amazing
JellyYogurt gave me some recommendations, is there any others I should look at??? Ive just cwm recovery on every android ive had and always found it to be decent but Im willing to look at others

meeklosh
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
JellyYogurt gave me some recommendations, is there any others I should look at??? Ive just cwm recovery on every android ive had and always found it to be decent but Im willing to look at others
Well those are the best I know: cwm, or the enchanted cwm one philz, twrp...take a look here on the forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to meeklosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklosh View Post
Well those are the best I know: cwm, or the enchanted cwm one philz, twrp...take a look here on the forums.
Trying to install cwm recovery but each time I try via the stock recovery (install update from zip file) extraction fails. what am I doing wrong??