[Q] [Cyanogenmod 11]Copy files from pc to phone and keep original date modified

Search This thread

oshera

Feb 5, 2014
Hi,
I need to copy large amount of files from my PC to the phone and preserve the time modified for the files.
I've tried all the solution I could find on xda forums such as:
using adb push
using adbsync
using localsync app
using quick pic app after copy and activate "fix date" function (didn't do anything)

Every time the result is the same, the modified date is set to the time of transfer,
I'm really out of ideas at this point.
help?

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
Do you really need the date? And I think it is modified because they just appeared on the SD Card. it's like saving a doc file for the first time. Try rebooting into recovery and mount USB Storage. I've seen that so it moves everything how it should be. For example, I can't move by just connecting the phone to PC any kind of zipped ROMs. Try this and then come to report :D

oshera

Feb 5, 2014
Do you really need the date? And I think it is modified because they just appeared on the SD Card. it's like saving a doc file for the first time. Try rebooting into recovery and mount USB Storage. I've seen that so it moves everything how it should be. For example, I can't move by just connecting the phone to PC any kind of zipped ROMs. Try this and then come to report :D

Hi Andrey!
Tried you're suggestion and result is weird.
First of all usb storage is not working in CWM recovery, Iv'e read that its broken since version 6.0.1.0.
So i just used adb push, and then this happened (looks good..):
* please look at attached photo (I'm new user and therefor cant post links :|)

but then i reboot device and files are just not there!
tried search with root user and its just gone.. :confused:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
For me it works. Used it in the morning. You can try latest Philz or TWRP.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app