[Q] Dead pixel on new S3 device

Tip us?

wis38
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Dead pixel on new S3 device

Hi,

I just received a new S3, and I'm noticing what I would call a couple of dead pixels: on a white screen (but also red & green, on blue it is not noticeable/ I cannot judge) at any brightness, there are two distincs points (I would say, pixels) that remains black.

When magnifying the zone with a lens, I can notice the defect is circular with the size of few pixels (<10) with lower luminosity then the rest of the display, with the center emitting no light.

Anyone with the same experience? How this is evolving with time: starts working? worsen?

One pixel is towards the border and just the second (in the center) bothers, but effect is very small and noticeable only when you know it is there.

I took the phone on Amazon, so with great flexibility for returning it, but I got it on .de (and I'm living in .fr) because of the great price (359) and it is a bit annoying returning it.

Thanks for the feedbacks

Giorgio
Samsung i5800, Asus TF-101, Xperia Arc S, BlackBerry Bold 9900, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Galaxy S3, S4 mini, Nexus 7 2013

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Use search read identical post on this very section .

jje

0mega007
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I ve has 4 S3's, all brand new, 2 out of the 4 had dead pixels.

the one i currently have is dead pixel free, i cannot stand a dead pixel.

alozide
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Angry My solution to a stuck pixel

About Dead/Stuck pixel on OLED Device Display
I have a S3 GT-9300 that I use daily, the other day I dropped it on a hard surface and a single shiny green stuck pixel appeared on the bottom left corner of the display, it was a bit of an eye sore really, But I'll share my simple FIX if its a related problem like mine was*I thought if the drop caused it, then a related solution may fix it, so I simple activated display and went to the home page.then I turned the display facing my palm and held the device carefully at the top end and slapped it several times hard into the palm of my hand where the pixel problem area was. then stuck pixel went away...

I hope this works for you too*

Jacky0501
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@^

Well, that's certainly one of a kind....

paintball23456
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
So noob, just send it back. No biggie It's Samsung's fault for having appalling build quality. So just go into the store and scream your head off till you get a new one, or preferably an s4 for inconveniences.
ArchiDroid V1.7.5 Most powerful rom ever!
Boeffla kernel V12
This setup is stupid quick!