5,605,766 Members 47,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So, I decided to test custom roms...

Tip us?

Mokiwipeout
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default So, I decided to test custom roms...

I want to test custom roms for my galaxy s3 which has the latest version of Android 4.1.2 which happens to be xxemg4 if I recall correctly with xxemg3 modem since it is greek version. My question is: can I simply flash a rom that is the same android version as mine (4.1.2)?

Also , when I get to flash a rom, apart from my apps, cache, and dalvik cache is anything else wiped?

Sent from my new galaxy s3 (Oh yeaaah)
Phone: Nokia C5-03(lagged so much, R.I.P)> Sony Xperia Sola Running Gingerbread>Samsung Galaxy SIII (end of 2013)

Xperia Sola development will be stopped after upgrading to ICS they said... Sola is basically a device with a slowly dying developping community they said... Developpers managed to port Jellybean from another device and they did it perfectly, they never said...

Proud owner or a jailbroken wii !! Not kidding

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokiwipeout View Post
I want to test custom roms for my galaxy s3 which has the latest version of Android 4.1.2 which happens to be xxemg4 if I recall correctly with xxemg3 modem since it is greek version. My question is: can I simply flash a rom that is the same android version as mine (4.1.2)?

Also , when I get to flash a rom, apart from my apps, cache, and dalvik cache is anything else wiped?

Read all
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2148708
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mokiwipeout
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I think u lost me... What I am asking is if for example I want to use a rom which in the title has the firmware xxemc2 while I have xxemg4 which are both android 4.1.2 is there any problem? Also, I couldn't find any answer to the second question

Phone: Nokia C5-03(lagged so much, R.I.P)> Sony Xperia Sola Running Gingerbread>Samsung Galaxy SIII (end of 2013)

Xperia Sola development will be stopped after upgrading to ICS they said... Sola is basically a device with a slowly dying developping community they said... Developpers managed to port Jellybean from another device and they did it perfectly, they never said...

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
I think u lost me... What I am asking is if for example I want to use a rom which in the title has the firmware xxemc2 while I have xxemg4 which are both android 4.1.2 is there any problem? Also, I couldn't find any answer to the second question

There is no problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mokiwipeout
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks man, could you tell me what else apart from data, cache and dalvik cache is wiped when installing roms?

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Thanks man, could you tell me what else apart from data, cache and dalvik cache is wiped when installing roms?

System. Which is ur current rom lol.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 562
Quote:

EMC2 is v1 efs, EMG4 is v2. You cannot go back from v2 to v1 without a backup of your efs folder, made before you upgraded.

Flashing EMC2 will result in default imei and no service.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

JellyYogurt
Old
(Last edited by JellyYogurt; 1st January 2014 at 03:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
EMC2 is v1 efs, EMG4 is v2. You cannot go back from v2 to v1 without a backup of your efs folder, made before you upgraded.

Flashing EMC2 will result in default imei and no service.
His is mg3. And efs is only upgraded when u go to 4.3
Edit: He is right. MG4 does upgrade ur efs.