Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available?

OP NikolaMBC01

NikolaMBC01
10th October 2012, 10:10 AM   |  #1  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
After i rooted my SGS3 with latest Jelly Bean firmware, i can't receive updates anymore, every time try to check updates i get "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" Can i fix this one some way without losing root, or i need to unroot my device?
10th October 2012, 10:17 AM   |  #2  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 580
 
4,475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
As JB isn't available yet except for poland then you will need to go back to ICS, reset flash counter and unroot.... Basically you're taking it back to stock.... Then Kies will allow updates, but only to what is currently available for your rom version/country.....
So you could still end up restocking and not being able to upgrade to JB as "There are no updates for your current version"....
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2012, 09:27 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

As JB isn't available yet except for poland then you will need to go back to ICS, reset flash counter and unroot.... Basically you're taking it back to stock.... Then Kies will allow updates, but only to what is currently available for your rom version/country.....
So you could still end up restocking and not being able to upgrade to JB as "There are no updates for your current version"....

Hihi, same here. JB is nice but "contacts" and account sync chrashes constantly.
Guess ill have to wait patiently again.
NikolaMBC01
10th October 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
So far, i do not have any problems with JB, everything works great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app
11th October 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #5  
alvaretto's Avatar
Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 18
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaMBC01

After i rooted my SGS3 with latest Jelly Bean firmware, i can't receive updates anymore, every time try to check updates i get "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" Can i fix this one some way without losing root, or i need to unroot my device?

It is just some kind of disclaimer from Samsung, but if you flash an official rom you'll continue to receive official updates.
11th October 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
same i'm also like that after flash JB "Your device has been modified", so i just wipe all my data and reflashed, problem solved, the big problem for is after reflashed JB, stock music played cannot find any music on ext SDCARD
22nd October 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by uckons

same i'm also like that after flash JB "Your device has been modified", so i just wipe all my data and reflashed, problem solved, the big problem for is after reflashed JB, stock music played cannot find any music on ext SDCARD

I have updated my SGS3 to official UK Jelly Bean OTA update, and after rooting it the software update service complains about the device being modified also. Not too bothered about it at the moment but will probably be a pain in the butt once new updates will be released (although knowing Samsung, it will be quite some time before the next one).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spirytusick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #8  
akrontomaz's Avatar
Member
London
Thanks Meter: 11
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirytusick

I have updated my SGS3 to official UK Jelly Bean OTA update, and after rooting it the software update service complains about the device being modified also. Not too bothered about it at the moment but will probably be a pain in the butt once new updates will be released (although knowing Samsung, it will be quite some time before the next one).

SAME Just got JB update today via KIES, TOP bro

Already rooted with CF auto, is close to stock as possible but no updates same msg.
30th October 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #9  
lordvore's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrontomaz

SAME Just got JB update today via KIES, TOP bro

Already rooted with CF auto, is close to stock as possible but no updates same msg.

I updated to JellyBean using the OTA update file from Cache but through the 'ever root' method of mobile Odin. I also tried Triangle Away but received the same message before and after. I have now also used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper v2.0.3 to temporarily unroot the device but it still says the same message from the update screen.

So much for being friendly to the modding community!
25th November 2012, 07:19 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Here's how i fixed my S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaMBC01

After i rooted my SGS3 with latest Jelly Bean firmware, i can't receive updates anymore, every time try to check updates i get "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" Can i fix this one some way without losing root, or i need to unroot my device?

1. You need to unroot your phone.(you could find it in youtube)
2. then perform factory reset

Every bug in the rom fixed and software update works like charm....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes