Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device vibrates when textbox is pressed or when a dowload is in progress

Tip us?

kensington88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Device vibrates when textbox is pressed or when a dowload is in progress

Hi Guys

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

About a week ago I ran out of mobile data and so every time I tried to access the internet I would get a notification asking to sign into the network. But at the same time every time I would press a text input or download an app even on wifi my phone was vibrate as if I received a notification. I put it down to it trying to send mobile data. Anyway, my monthly allowance has been refreshed and the problem still persists. So I am starting to think it is not the device trying to send mobile data.

I am also running CM10.1 if this helps.

Thank you in advanced.

kensington88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update

I think I have made some progress into what is causing the vibrating. I think it is now down to whenever a notification appears/changes. Whenever a textbox is pressed the keyboard notification icon appears. When downloading the download icon appears and is constantly changing. I have changed the settings to stop the Vibrate on Notification setting, but it still vibrates not matter what.

kensington88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem Solved

I have figured out the issue. It was a problem with one of the profiles I had created in CM10. I can't remember what the setting was I changed but I reset the profiles, recreated one for work where I set all volumes to zero. The notifications now don't vibrate like they used to. It was just a coincidence that this happened around the same time I ran out of mobile data.