Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rerooting SuperNexus ROM

Tip us?

HalcyonKing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rerooting SuperNexus ROM

Hey all, slightly worried atm. I've flashed various roms before so I know what I'm doing. However, I recently unrooted to use an app but now I want to change ROM again after using this one for so long I want more customization. Tried installing SuperSU from play store however the binaries aren't updating and I have no idea how to fix this. Will doing a factory reset restore the ROM to how it was before? Is there a way to manually install binaries via recovery? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andr3y29
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Yes, there it is. But if you are already using a custom recovery, you can install any ROM, as it does not matters if you are rooted or not.
If you still want to use your actual ROM
1.Download this: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...19.3-i9300.zip
2.Reboot to recovery
3.Flash this .zip
4.Go to Power options if you are using a CWM based recovery (like CWM, CWM Touch, Philz Touch or Devil Recovery) and choose "Reboot Recovery". If you are on TWRP, go to "Reboot" and choose "Recovery". This it will boot you into latest Philz Touch 6.19.3 recovery.
5. Now go to "Philz settings" and click "Re-root System (SuperSU)" and then "Yes - Apply SuperSu". The proccess takes like half of a second.
6. Click "+++++Go Back+++++" and then "Reboot System Now"
Now you are good to go You can instll SuperSu from the marjet and update the binaries, even if I think this install the latest binaries.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S3 Garnet Red 16GB (GT-I9300)
ROM : L-DROID 2.2.0
By SeniorLimpio
KERNEL: Stock for now
SD: 32GB SanDisk
BATTERY: Stock 2100mAh/ Extended 4800mAh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andr3y29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wangdaning
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Also, in the future, if you have supersu pro you can disable supersu to use apps, versus totally unrooting.

pjcarrmole
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdaning View Post
Also, in the future, if you have supersu pro you can disable supersu to use apps, versus totally unrooting.
The option to hide root in surperSU is still not complete enough for some apps such as the Barclays Banking app. In this case it may be worth trying to use the exposed module designed for hiding root. Plus you can pre-set it on an app by app basis.

HalcyonKing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys, thanks for all your help. It was indeed the pingit app I had to unroot for. Well got my phone working again now so panic is over. Will definitely try the exposed way of trying it in the future!