Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Discover More Apps Malware?

OP donskoops

25th August 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
While looking through the folders on my divice using astro file manager i came a strange blue file called Discover More Apps next to the folder it has what looks like a small grey birthday present as i clicked on it, it took me to a kind of un-official playstore i backed out straight away and tried deleting it got the small notification to say it had been deleted but never removed it, the folder seem to follow you into every folder you visit i tried running avg but picked up no threats would just like to remove it as im guessing i have picked it up downloading something i tried unistalling everything i have recently download but this made no difference

My device is a Galaxy S3 GTI9300
Rooted
Running CM11 4.4.4 Snapshot M9

Any help would be great
Thanks in advance
26th August 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 272

436 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donskoops

While looking through the folders on my divice using astro file manager i came a strange blue file called Discover More Apps next to the folder it has what looks like a small grey birthday present as i clicked on it, it took me to a kind of un-official playstore i backed out straight away and tried deleting it got the small notification to say it had been deleted but never removed it, the folder seem to follow you into every folder you visit i tried running avg but picked up no threats would just like to remove it as im guessing i have picked it up downloading something i tried unistalling everything i have recently download but this made no difference

afaik astro file manager includes ads, so it could be an advertisement. was this "unofficial play store" opened in your web browser or was it an app?
maybe a screenshot of this folder could help for understanding what you mean.
try if you can find the "folder" with another file manager like "es file explorer" (it's a free explorer without any ads)
if you cannot find it then its obviously an ad and if you don't like it you should change your file explorer or buy the paid version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread