5,599,677 Members 46,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

double pictures received in text

Tip us?
 
rfarrah
Old
#1  
rfarrah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Posts: 2,526
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OKC
Default double pictures received in text

Every time my wife's GS3 receives a picture in a text message, she gets 2 of them. Phone is completely stock and only has the default messaging app installed. No others.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
HTC Fan, but this LG G2 is Incredible
 
amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 3rd February 2014 at 11:31 AM.)
#2  
amirTor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 374
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
Every time my wife's GS3 receives a picture in a text message, she gets 2 of them. Phone is completely stock and only has the default messaging app installed. No others.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
1. Check mms configuration in Message settings (attached)

2. Try to follow your carrier guide for reconfiguring MMS APN (relevant data access points (attached))
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391426617515.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	2556374Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391426636505.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2556376

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rfarrah
Old
#3  
rfarrah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Posts: 2,526
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor View Post
1. Check mms configuration in Message settings (attached)

2. Try to follow your carrier guide for reconfiguring MMS APN (relevant data access points (attached))
Attachment 2556374Attachment 2556376

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Can you help me understand why that would send double pictures?
HTC Fan, but this LG G2 is Incredible
 
amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 4th February 2014 at 04:08 PM.)
#4  
amirTor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 374
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
Thanks. Can you help me understand why that would send double pictures?
I'm not a big expert of the subject, but it seems to be something to do with the MMS server receiving double picture-retrieval requests from your wife's device (by another installed app for instance).

BTW- does she have AT&T message app installed, because it seems to be a known issue with it: http://www.galaxys4forums.net/forum/...-messages.html

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes