Downgrade from I9300XXUGMK6 to I9300XXEMG4

Tip us?

CaracalSef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Default Downgrade from I9300XXUGMK6 to I9300XXEMG4

Hi there. A friend of mine has an I9300 which had 4.0.4. I could not update from the phone, so I go I9300XXUGMK6 from samfirmware and flashed with odin. All went good, until the first screen after boot. It's requesting a sim network unlock code. The phone was locked in Vodafone Romania and got unlocked by a guy. I don't know how. He uses Cosmote Romania.
Now my question is that if I can flash I9300XXEMG4 with odin so I can use galaxsim unlock. I don't have an /efs backup and the /efs partition it's empty (I read something about a new format of that partition from some Android version up), so I can't get nv_data.bin.
The IMEI it's there, so no lost IMEI after this odin flash to 4.3.
Thank you! And happy new year!
Handset: Sony Xperia Z
Rom: Official Stock 4.3
Recovery: XZDualRecovery
Kernel: XzKernel
Bootloader: Unlocked

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
EMG4 is version 2 efs format, same as GMK6, so unlock patches will not work.

Without a backup of your efs version 1 folder you cannot go back to a rom that patches would still work with.

If you have a valid imei then your efs folder cannot be empty, don't mess with it.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CaracalSef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
You are right. /efs is not empy. X-plore was showing that, but root explorer shows the content. I have installed 4.1.2 (I9300XXEMG4), I still have the IMEI, but also sim lock status.
What can I do in this situation? Is there ANY way I can unlock?
Handset: Sony Xperia Z
Rom: Official Stock 4.3
Recovery: XZDualRecovery
Kernel: XzKernel
Bootloader: Unlocked

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Obtain unlock code from a reputable company, I think efs v2 was created for the purpose of blocking patches.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]