Being a total noob and keeping my phone as simple as possible, I never rooted my phone. I did think of rooting it soon though (Just when the upgrade came. Sigh.)
After a bunch of problems: (can be omitted)
1) I couldn't use the GS3 Toolkit (from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1703488) cos my build was no longer 4.1.2. I do backups pretty often and I can't find any other backup programs that are easy to use.
2) Some of the widgets were gone.
3) Annoying settings ._.
I DID made a full backup. But it's not a NANDROID backup. Just a normal backup (.bak) file
I tried searching online to downgrade and there were a few questions I wanna make sure before diving into the downgrade process.
1) Especially when I don't have root, I saw some people saying their EFS being lost after downgrading http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2640696 . I suppose have to root my 4.3 first then backup my EFS? After downgrading to 4.1.2, would my device still be rooted?
2) I shouldn't have to worry about my data being wiped because of the downgrade, right? Since I made a full backup for the 4.1.2, I can just restore my data back after I downgrade?
3) I see a lot of people talking about their phones BRICKING after downgrading few months ago. I suppose that's your phone breaking down. Would there any bricking problems if I follow this guide here? http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-downgrade-galaxy-s3
4) To be extra safe, I want to backup my apps (probably SMS, but not priority) again so I have 2 files just in case. I can't use Titanium cos I'm not rooted, any other suggestions? Or is it still recommended to root then backup then flash stock ROM?