Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I downloaded archidroid ROM, after a few days my phone stuck...

Tip us?
 
orial10
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] I downloaded archidroid ROM, after a few days my phone stuck...

today my battery went down to zero and then my phone stuck on the menu screen.
i rebooted but then my phone got stucked on the samsung galaxy 3 logo.
i tryed to wipe files and catche but it didnt helped,
i tryed to install the ROM again but it didnt helped...
i can get to the recovery and download mode, but my phone still stuck on the stuped logo...
what to do?

sry if i have spelling mistakes...
 
boomboomer
Old
#2  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 672
Posts: 2,995
Join Date: Jun 2010
You have corrupted one or more partitions, try a factory reset after flashing your custom rom again.

If that doesn't work then use Odin to flash a stock firmware, then factory reset.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

 
orial10
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2014
Default thx but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
You have corrupted one or more partitions, try a factory reset after flashing your custom rom again.

If that doesn't work then use Odin to flash a stock firmware, then factory reset.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
sorry but what "flash a stock firmware means?"
how do i do that?
do you have links?

ty!
 
boomboomer
Old
#4  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 672
Posts: 2,995
Join Date: Jun 2010
Go read the sticky thread in general forum, you are missing basic information.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

 
orial10
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Go read the sticky thread in general forum, you are missing basic information.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


ok so i should download the firmware achieve from my area

then i just flash original ROM?

this is the instruction page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...overy-t2323847

then im done?
i need to change the recovery thing too?
or i can just start from procces 4?
 
orial10
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2014
i did what u told me

i used odin to flash

then it stucked on samsung logo

so i went to the recovery, and i wiped the things

but it didnt helped, it still stucked on the samsung logo..

i noticed some red lines in the recovery that says

"failed to mount /efs(invalid argument"

what is that means?
 
dxppxd
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 544
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by orial10 View Post
i did what u told me

i used odin to flash

then it stucked on samsung logo

so i went to the recovery, and i wiped the things

but it didnt helped, it still stucked on the samsung logo..

i noticed some red lines in the recovery that says

"failed to mount /efs(invalid argument"

what is that means?
Means you screwed the efs partition when flashing an incompatible modem with your efs version.

If you flashed a 4.1.2 firmware and got that error, try and flash a mg4 or above modem to see if it gets solved. Or flash a 4.3 firmware altogether.

Read rootSU post on efs, it's a must.

Of you ever backed up your efs or used twrp recovery to make a nandroid backup (which also backs up efs) you might get it back by restoring it.

Otherwise, a patched kernel, modem or ariza patch would be the last available choice before sending to repair.
 
orial10
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxppxd View Post
Means you screwed the efs partition when flashing an incompatible modem with your efs version.

If you flashed a 4.1.2 firmware and got that error, try and flash a mg4 or above modem to see if it gets solved. Or flash a 4.3 firmware altogether.

Read rootSU post on efs, it's a must.

Of you ever backed up your efs or used twrp recovery to make a nandroid backup (which also backs up efs) you might get it back by restoring it.

Otherwise, a patched kernel, modem or ariza patch would be the last available choice before sending to repair.

can you explain or give me some links how to do that?
 
dxppxd
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 544
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by orial10 View Post
can you explain or give me some links how to do that?
I mean, go to the stickies in the general section and read. They're there for a reason, including steps before rooting, flashing, information on the efs partition, and pretty much everything else you could have done to avoid the situation you're facing right now.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more

Immersive Mode on Unrooted Devices with GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode

Everyone likes screen real estate–no question about that. The … more