Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dropped my galaxy s3 screen cracked what are my options?

Tip us?

karkid
Old
(Last edited by karkid; 18th June 2012 at 05:41 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Dropped my galaxy s3 screen cracked what are my options?

Jumping out my truck in a rush with s3 in hand it slipped and fell flat on the screen. Screen cracked right in the middle all the way through ... Is my only option to buy a new phone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	45481
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	1137457   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	53333
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	1137458  

Funkym0nkey
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Ouch.
Its repairable but its an expensive repair as entire screen + digitizer assembly needs to be replaced.
Parts are available: http://cnn.cn/shop/samsung-i9300-galaxy-c-26_1412.html
You might want to ask local Samsung repair centre for paid repair quote. Might be very close to the cost of part and might make better sense to get it done through Samsung directly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Funkym0nkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bala_gamer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,548

DONATE TO ME
didnt you use a case or screen guard? if so you did a big mistake you can take it for samsung service center and ask them to replace it, but they will charge for sure..
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73

karkid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer View Post
didnt you use a case or screen guard? if so you did a big mistake you can take it for samsung service center and ask them to replace it, but they will charge for sure..
no cases available locally in canada and my case still hasnt arrived yet go figure ...

ceo.mtcl
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkid View Post
no cases available locally in canada and my case still hasnt arrived yet go figure ...
Really sad... its really expensive repair. I feel for you but there is no easy way out of this.

You've got a sexy wallpaper out there... mind sharing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phones:
๑۩۞۩๑ LG G2 AT&T ๑۩۞۩๑

Benefits of International Samsung Galaxy S3 for US (AT&T) users
The Following User Says Thank You to ceo.mtcl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kicker1925
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default cracked SGS3 screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkid View Post
Jumping out my truck in a rush with s3 in hand it slipped and fell flat on the screen. Screen cracked right in the middle all the way through ... Is my only option to buy a new phone
No, you have to replace the screen... there's a video on youtube how to dismantle SGS3.

Baldilocks
Old
Thanks Meter 994

DONATE TO ME
Or, you could probably still get $400 for it on eBay. (If you're not the type who attempts to repair things on your own...)
Nexus 5 - Loving me some Google

Tricky103
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Man I feel for you. I dropped my phone yesterday, it landed on it's face and has marks on the screen. The first thing I done was phone my insurance company and swap the details from my old s2 to this one .. I know I will do it again .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ddurandSGS3
Old
Thanks Meter 405
you didnt mention if the sreen was funtional, is it?

id just keep it if it was still functiional. it looks weird when off but barely noticeable in the pics.

just another opinion. of course if its non functioning that option isnt there lol

EdgaBimbam
Old
Thanks Meter 1,130

DONATE TO ME
Damn s3 so breakable. I remember when i had s2 and note, it felt from my hands a lot of times and no scratches or broken display
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” André Gide
Need help?

iPhone 5 16GB White

The Following User Says Thank You to EdgaBimbam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]