OP k-semler

3rd March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pullman WA
Thanks Meter: 235

694 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is there a reason to dual boot on a phone? Why not just flash a new ROM if a person wants to try a new ROM? Is there really a point in having multiple ROMs on the phone? I could understand it if it were possible to flash an entirely seperate OS to it, but since android is android is android, why bother doing it?
3rd March 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

215 posts
More
Reason is simple. You currently got a stable rom but you wanna try another rom to make sure if everything goes well before porting over . This saves a lot of time in restoring your backup if the "new" rom you are trying is problematic or you dislike it.
3rd March 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #3  
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ , Where ever's Free WiFi
Thanks Meter: 92

334 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtk

Reason is simple. You currently got a stable rom but you wanna try another rom to make sure if everything goes well before porting over . This saves a lot of time in restoring your backup if the "new" rom you are trying is problematic or you dislike it.

I had dual booted before....
I flashed neat Rom as secondary with sammy 4.3 as primary and baam! Error state 7....
So the point is, its not good practice (the trying ROM part, otherwise I love dual booting)
Make sure to make a nand backup

Well,

I db to get the sammy features along with aosp, like one would be set up for battery, other for daily use etc...
3rd March 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pune, India
Thanks Meter: 327

759 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-semler

Is there a reason to dual boot on a phone? Why not just flash a new ROM if a person wants to try a new ROM? Is there really a point in having multiple ROMs on the phone? I could understand it if it were possible to flash an entirely seperate OS to it, but since android is android is android, why bother doing it?

my two cents
one of the reasons is that Sammy ROM is not that frequently updated.. another reason is that kitkat is still being improved.. so what do you do when you want to try kitkat too and also have need for longer battery life, better camera etc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread