Efs 2?

15th January 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103

805 posts
Hey xda,

A few days ago I saw a thread go by about efs. I need to fix a galaxy s3 and the only thing I can use right now is my own phone and the search funxtion is buggy..

Can anyone elaborate on efs v2 and what it is? I believe the phone was running 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 before and I need to restore a nandroid. Will this cause problems?

Also it is running a custom kernel. Will stock kernel be installed once I restore the nandroid? Any information regarding efs v2 is very welcome.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
15th January 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 50

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan0vic

Hey xda,

A few days ago I saw a thread go by about efs. I need to fix a galaxy s3 and the only thing I can use right now is my own phone and the search funxtion is buggy..

Can anyone elaborate on efs v2 and what it is? I believe the phone was running 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 before and I need to restore a nandroid. Will this cause problems?

Also it is running a custom kernel. Will stock kernel be installed once I restore the nandroid? Any information regarding efs v2 is very welcome.

No need to make a new thread. All details you need to know are mentioned in various efs threads. Like this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2393289
I dont know about restoring nandroid but in my experience flashing a 4.1.2 rom on a 4.3 rom caused me ALOT of trouble. Might be due to a change in modem in the process, even flashing an older 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 nandroid did NOT fix my problem. So i dont recommend you do that.
15th January 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103

805 posts
So if I understand right than I can only safely flash 4.3 and up? Thanks for the link!

15th January 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 50

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan0vic

So if I understand right than I can only safely flash 4.3 and up? Thanks for the link!

Its not impossible to flash back down, there are certain procedures to backup and restore the efs but its better to avoid the trouble. No need to write thanks, just click the thanks button
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread