Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is eMMC bug patched with custom ROM

Tip us?

faultylee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is eMMC bug patched with custom ROM

Hi, I'm thinking to flash custom ROM onto by SGS3 after realizing that BLE is only available from 4.3 onwards, and Samsung is too slow to update. I'm still on 4.1.2. My handset is one with the eMMC bug. So far it's been ok and I'm running official ROM with eMMC bug fix. I'm wondering if I flashed any custom ROM, will the eMMC bug surfaced and brick the phone sometime in the future?

Simonna
Old
Thanks Meter 188
All custom roms/kernels are eMMC bug patched.
And if your phone will surface from SDS or not it's depends on how long you were using your phone on Android Ice Cream,and how much memory blocks are damaged,and quite a lot of users who are using SDS safe roms,firmwares,kernels...are still suffering from SDS 'cause of a lot of damaged memory blocks.
Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5
Liquidsmooth rom with Viper4Android sound mod and other goods.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simonna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faultylee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonna View Post
All custom roms/kernels are eMMC bug patched.
And if your phone will surface from SDS or not it's depends on how long you were using your phone on Android Ice Cream,and how much memory blocks are damaged,and quite a lot of users who are using SDS safe roms,firmwares,kernels...are still suffering from SDS 'cause of a lot of damaged memory blocks.
Thanks, that's nice to know