Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] "Encryption unsuccessful" message. Able to back up stuff from my computer?

OP Inspirement

26th February 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi

I just got the "Encryption Unsuccessful" error on my Galaxy S3 (international version).

I have a rooted phone running a nightly build of CM11 (can't remember exactly which date, but it was one before the milestone release), and I have been running it for a while. But I suddenly got this error after my phone locked up and I pulled the battery to reboot it.

Anyway, I've read that a solution is to format the SD card and then reflash your ROM, and NOT to press the "reset now" button (which I didn't intend to do anyway. But I don't want to lose any of my data. And unfortunately my backups are a little old.

So my question is, is it possible to made a backup from the computer using som kind of program? Could I maybe put it in recovery mode, connect it with a USB and then do a backup from there? I have USB debugging enabled too, if that'd be a requirement.

Grateful for any kind of help.
26th February 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 365

402 posts
More
If you are using philz recovery, you can access your SD by 'mount and storage ->mount usb device'

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
26th February 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor

If you are using philz recovery, you can access your SD by 'mount and storage ->mount usb device'

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I just formatted my Data partition through CWM recovery and I managed to boot it up. I lost all my apps, but I had personal files all stored on my externas card so it's okay. I'll have to restore all my app settings, but Google is now working to redownload all my old apps so that's being taken care of. Not much lost so I feel kinda lucky anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread