Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 50,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Excessive battery drain or just heavy usage?

Tip us?

Mokiwipeout
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Excessive battery drain or just heavy usage?

Mainly what the title says, my galaxy s3 has been used quite heavily over the past 2 weeks, just after flashing the last 4.1.2 update, xxemg4. With wifi on(browsing Internet, etc) it won't last more than 11 hours more or less... I am pretty sure that when I had xxemc2 (the one that was pre installed on the phone) Battery life was better... Any ideas? Or am I using it too heavily?

Sent from my new galaxy s3 (Oh yeaaah)
Phone: Nokia C5-03(lagged so much, R.I.P)> Sony Xperia Sola Running Gingerbread>Samsung Galaxy SIII (end of 2013)

Xperia Sola development will be stopped after upgrading to ICS they said... Sola is basically a device with a slowly dying developping community they said... Developpers managed to port Jellybean from another device and they did it perfectly, they never said...

Proud owner or a jailbroken wii !! Not kidding

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Screen on time is a better indicator of battery life if you are a heavy user, anything over 5hrs is good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]