XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

experts plz help me!

Tip us?

swahmad76
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default experts plz help me!

I am sure my problem is different from everyone here becuase i did alot of digging and cudnt find any solution to my problem. So my problem is that a month ago i got my samsung's original charger not working anymore, Which turned out that just adapter is faulty. so i bought an apple adapter for my s3, which worked quite well. But a few hours ago i found my samsung galaxy s3 not charging. i flashed my rom again, did factory restore, anything i cud do as a first aid. i did it. i checked my phone on my bros charger but still no success. and his charger is working fine with his mobile, I have noticed that it connects without taking a second when i restart phone in download mode. But doesnt plug in to my laptop aswell( But works when phone is in download mode).
Note: My personal charger is working fine on my bro's cell.
Thanks!!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Usual reply .
Its the cable or the usb port .
Change cable
Take to a service centre .

swahmad76
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ....

But it does connect in download mode but not in normal mode to laptop with the same cable.

ag4751
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by swahmad76 View Post
But it does connect in download mode but not in normal mode to laptop with the same cable.
Try a different charger on your phone, if that works your cable needs to be replace or charger with cable replaced, if a different charger does not work then your phones USB port is damaged and needs a service repair.

There are multiple micro connections so it may connect to your PC in download mode but if the connections that link the charger are not working it wont charge.

So try a deferent charger and a different USB cable if neither make the phone charge the USB port on the phone needs to be looked at by a technician to repair it.
If I have been helpful remember the Thanks button

Read this thread Understand the basics
EFS / IMIE, Factory Mode, No Network Info Here
The ROM Flashing Tool Odin & Guide & Root
Custom recoveries Philz or TWRP