FORUMS

Extract Samsung firmware

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By alexmax989, Junior Member on 19th August 2014, 03:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey,

I like to extract the Samsung firmware from S4, Note 3, ... and I need your help.

So I've downloaded the firmware from Sammobile and like to extract the system.img.ext4 file, but it's like encrypted and I can't extract it

P.s I haven't got an problem with Linux
Last edited by alexmax989; 20th August 2014 at 12:56 PM.
 
 
20th August 2014, 08:17 AM |#2  
Darkened_Sky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmax989

Hey,

I like to extract the Samsung firmware from S4, Note 3, ... and I need your help.

So I've downloaded the firmware from Sammobile and like to extract the system.img.ext4 file, but it's like encrypted and I can't extract it

P.s I haven't got an problem with Linux

try out archikitchen http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597220
with it you can create a flashable zip from the firmware files and from the zip you can extract everything you want.
20th August 2014, 10:14 AM |#3  
Member
Flag NewYork
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmax989

Hey,

I like to extract the Samsung firmware from S4, Note 3, ... and I need your help.

So I've downloaded the firmware from Sammobile and like to extract the system.img.ext4 file, but it's like encrypted and I can't extract it

P.s I haven't got an problem with Linux

You can also try using the magic ISO, it can also help you in extracting the .img file ! try using it and see if that works out for you !
20th August 2014, 12:59 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky

try out archikitchen http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597220
with it you can create a flashable zip from the firmware files and from the zip you can extract everything you want.

Ok, but I have big problems to install it :/


Quote:
Originally Posted by promo87

You can also try using the magic ISO, it can also help you in extracting the .img file ! try using it and see if that works out for you !

Ok test it now
Last edited by alexmax989; 20th August 2014 at 01:05 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes