Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extremely slow charging

Tip us?

Vivek_Vivek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Extremely slow charging

My two years old international version s3 takes a very long time (5-6 hours) to charge (and also discharges while kept on charge if the phone's disturbed or used) I even had the connector pin changed. Used different chargers. Different batteries. Different ROMs. The problem still persists. What could be the issue?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
IC failure on the motherboard, new motherboard required -or buy an external charger and a spare battery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

shaan116
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Have you tried S4 Revolution Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek_Vivek View Post
My two years old international version s3 takes a very long time (5-6 hours) to charge (and also discharges while kept on charge if the phone's disturbed or used) I even had the connector pin changed. Used different chargers. Different batteries. Different ROMs. The problem still persists. What could be the issue?

are you ever tried S4 Revolution ROM ( v12 ) ? Try S4 Revolution ROM or else try a different Kernel that supports changing charging speed

Try this link too
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i9300-t2215497

msswami
Old
Thanks Meter 2
As pointed out in #3 link, you could try Boeffla Kernel.

I'm using this with stock rom and it's really good.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Current ROM: Stock 4.3
Recovery: PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery

Vivek_Vivek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
IC failure on the motherboard, new motherboard required -or buy an external charger and a spare battery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Upto what mAh is it safe to increase?

berserkergr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:

to me it seems a hardware problem... If with different romcameras still fail... it could be a hardware problem in the main board.

Robin2
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Get a custom kernel and look for this setting in the kernel config: "ignore unstable ... ".

That should improve the charge rate significantly in your case.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S III (i9300)

Sign up for Jottacloud via my Jottacloud referal link and get +5gb of free cloud storage!

KSKHH
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:

Have you used different charging cable? Buy some original nokia cable CA-101D. Please buy original one.

Samsung charging cables are crap. This is cable issue.
<--- Pressing Thanks won't cost you. So don't forget to hit it if this post helped you.

Havoc-X
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Not necessarily a cable issue, he said he tried different charges as well. Also, your stock charges are generally 1.0A (Samsung), Nokia is 1.2 if i'm not mistaken. I dont think u can configure your phone to receive more charge from a wall charger than its output. You could try altering your USB port, but im sure there's a hardware cap on the port itself. Just send the phone in for repair.

KSKHH
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc-X View Post
Not necessarily a cable issue, he said he tried different charges as well. Also, your stock charges are generally 1.0A (Samsung), Nokia is 1.2 if i'm not mistaken. I dont think u can configure your phone to receive more charge from a wall charger than its output. You could try altering your USB port, but im sure there's a hardware cap on the port itself. Just send the phone in for repair.
Let him try my suggestion. I was hving the same issue, I solved it that way.
<--- Pressing Thanks won't cost you. So don't forget to hit it if this post helped you.