Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Factory reset?

Tip us?

nikctsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Factory reset?

I know this is a stupid question, but since I'm preparing my device to android 4.3, so I think its still better to ask before doing anything. After performing a factory reset, will all the apps installed in my device be deleted? What about those stored in internal sd and external sd? Everything will be gone? Also is there any way to backup my calendar entry? I'm using 'cal', well sometimes S planner, and I stored all the calendar entry in my device, not syncing with my email account. Thank you so much!

chrismast
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Factory reset will delete anything.
Sync your calendar to Gmail, easiest way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Galaxy S III (I9300T)
Rooted - Radio: I9300TDUELL2 - PhilZ Touch Recovery - Kernel: Googy-Max
ROM: Slim Bean 4.3

Nexus 7 2013
Stock ROM - Not Rooted (lets see how long )

HTC Desire (A8181)
Hboot: Stock | Rooted & S-OFF
Rom: ICS Beta 0.15.0.1 | Radio: 5.17.05.23 | Kernel: Tiamat | Recovery: 4ExtRecovery Touch
The Following User Says Thank You to chrismast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nikctsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismast View Post
Factory reset will delete anything.
Sync your calendar to Gmail, easiest way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I heard that there are two kinds of reset, one is factory reset (which is a 'lighter' reset) from the setting menu and another is hard reset from the boot menu. I know hard reset will wipe everything, including apps installed, and the same goes to factory reset?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Both will wipe all your apps and settings, only difference is a reset from recovery won't format your internal sd card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikctsh View Post
I heard that there are two kinds of reset, one is factory reset (which is a 'lighter' reset) from the setting menu and another is hard reset from the boot menu. I know hard reset will wipe everything, including apps installed, and the same goes to factory reset?
It won't erase your external SD card..

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
The Following User Says Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Highondroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
It won't erase your external SD card..
No