Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] fake vs original galaxy s3

Tip us?
 
new-noob
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: here
Default [Q] fake vs original galaxy s3

Hi all,

Hope you can give me few ideas how to recognize oryginal phone vs fake, chineese one!
Just bought the galaxy s3 from ebay and auction description said the item location is london but check out page said that company is from hong kong, I am a bit worried about these.

Dont trust chineese fakes and hope there are some differences between fake and oryginal phone, what too look for when I recive the phone?
How to check if its oryginal, any website with imei numbers or samsung registration website to confirm it?

Thanks!!!
 
JJEgan
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,418
Posts: 23,038
Join Date: Oct 2010
IMEI

http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr


jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
new-noob
Old
(Last edited by new-noob; 25th September 2012 at 10:23 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: here
Will try that on phone arrival

And was wondering are there any details different in fake phones? Maybe cpu, cover?anything I should keep an eye on arrival?
Thanks
 
new-noob
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: here
Ok its here, looks great and feels great
Used the webiste for imei and message I got is:

This IMEI number seems to be correct, but we do not have any information on this specific handset.

Dont say anything about mark, model nothing, hope its genuine phone. But what other way can I check it?
 
kofiaa
Old
(Last edited by kofiaa; 28th September 2012 at 12:44 PM.)
#5  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
go to settings > about. Upload the screenshot.

Did the phone come with Samsung apps?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

And also, try to execute some of the codes that let you access the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896748

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kofiaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
new-noob
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa View Post
go to settings > about. Upload the screenshot.

Did the phone come with Samsung apps?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

And also, try to execute some of the codes that let you access the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896748

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Yes, samsung apps are here, thanks! Codes works. Nice peace of hardware
 
kofiaa
Old
#7  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-noob View Post
Yes, samsung apps are here, thanks! Codes works. Nice peace of hardware
Great to hear, enjoy your phone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
 
new-noob
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: here
Thanks,

Good Luck!
 
Beatsleigher
Old
#9  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 525
Posts: 1,054
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhat around here : 52.366848,8.3345

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-noob View Post
Hi all,

Hope you can give me few ideas how to recognize oryginal phone vs fake, chineese one!
Just bought the galaxy s3 from ebay and auction description said the item location is london but check out page said that company is from hong kong, I am a bit worried about these.

Dont trust chineese fakes and hope there are some differences between fake and oryginal phone, what too look for when I recive the phone?
How to check if its oryginal, any website with imei numbers or samsung registration website to confirm it?

Thanks!!!
You can check by using IMEI checkers, checking the sizes are correct, using benchmark tests (They help determin, if the device is giving it's promised/usual performance, Chinese fakes have mostly got a single-core) and using different rooting methods

Tr booting into Odin mode:
Code:
VOL. DWN + HOME + PWR
and connecting it to your computer, while having Odin open, if it says Ready, it's original...

There are a few more ways of determining stuff, like that, but that should give you a start


My popular projects on GitHub
Universal Android Toolkit is now in BETA, JDroidLib is released!


My work (other) work:
"Nothing is infinite, except human stupidity." - Albert Einstein.
"You shouldn't trust everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

If you haven't already, add me to your circles on Google Plus
 
Mukesh Bafna
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Battery Full Connection problem or invalid MMI code

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa View Post
go to settings > about. Upload the screenshot.

Did the phone come with Samsung apps?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

And also, try to execute some of the codes that let you access the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896748

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Hello Sir,
I have the same problem.
I got Galaxy SIII GT i9300 from one of my friend.
It hase some problem in Bluetooth connectivity and battery charging through USB.
I want to check rather it is original or a fake. I type code suggested by you *#1234# and got massage as
"Connection problem or invalid MMI code."
What this means ? Is this mobile is a fake or I have done any wrong.
Can you suggest me for this issue
Thanks !

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes