FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Generate EFS with Z3x, but without phone

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 86

By dabyd64, Senior Member on 1st August 2014, 10:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
First, I work in a phone repair shop, I'm not trying anything illegal!
I have a Z3x Box at the work, and a S3 i9300 myself.
A friend with another S3 at 600 miles, and has lost his EFS. I already told him to make a backup, but unfortunately he had it on the internal SD. After a bad ROM flash he had to use a PIT file for flashing a stock rom, and that he wiped everything.
His EFS folder was blank, no nv_data or anything.
With the z3x, I tried putting his imei and S/N on my EFS, then doing a backup and sending that copy to him (obviously I restored my phone after that) but it didn't work.
So, I'd like to know if there's any way to repair or regenerate the EFS with a working phone as base, without having to send the phone

2nd August 2014, 10:10 AM |#2  
Flag Varaždin
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabyd64

Hi,
First, I work in a phone repair shop, I'm not trying anything illegal!
I have a Z3x Box at the work, and a S3 i9300 myself.
A friend with another S3 at 600 miles, and has lost his EFS. I already told him to make a backup, but unfortunately he had it on the internal SD. After a bad ROM flash he had to use a PIT file for flashing a stock rom, and that he wiped everything.
His EFS folder was blank, no nv_data or anything.
With the z3x, I tried putting his imei and S/N on my EFS, then doing a backup and sending that copy to him (obviously I restored my phone after that) but it didn't work.
So, I'd like to know if there's any way to repair or regenerate the EFS with a working phone as base, without having to send the phone

Unfortunately i think it's not possible, i think z3x must have the phone connected, i needed to repair my efs via z3x and it could be only done via cable, and also, say your friend he is stuck with patched modem / kernel for the rest of his life, or else he will have Emergency cals only and baseband unknown. Must love z3x as much as you must hate it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)