Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flash counter doesn't reset!

OP iJo09

26th January 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #1  
Hi, I have a problem with my S3. I don't know what's going on!
I can't reset my flash counter with TriangleAway anymore. Tried and retried, but nothing!
Before you ask me, I am on vanilla stock XXUGMK6 ROM, stock Kernel and stock recovery. SuperSU is updated to the latest version.
26th January 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 139

677 posts
More
Are you running the latest triangle away? A version was released about a week ago that had a bug that stopped it from working but a fix has been released.
26th January 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #3  
TriangleAway 3.26 is the latest version, am I right?
I also tried v. 3.10 (the last one I used to work) but nothing, flash counter stays at 8.. if I reflash the original ROM with Odin, trying to reset the counter with TriangleAway only causes the integer to go +1 everytime. I'm ending up with like 20 flash count
26th January 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 754

3,434 posts
Try downgrading your bootloader to BLFB then reset counter, triangle away works fine for me on 4.3.
26th January 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #5  
Sorry, but I bought this phone in November 2013 and the original firmware version was XXEMG4. I don't think I can do any downgrade
26th January 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 754

3,434 posts
Bootloader is irrelevant to the firmware. I'm on UGML4 firmware with BLFB bootloader, custom recovery & kernel and zero flash count.

If you downgrade you shouldn't use download mode for anything, due to SDS risk.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #7  
I don't want to risk a brick by messing up with the bootloader.
Also, I always knew that, in the electronic world, you can't put a firmware below what the device was programmed for.
I will try to flash EMG4 and use TriangleAway again, hoping that resets the counter!
26th January 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #8  
Well, downgrading to XXEMG4 and running TriangleAway from there it did the game!

Problem solved, thanks
27th January 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 190

1,097 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJo09

I don't want to risk a brick by messing up with the bootloader.
Also, I always knew that, in the electronic world, you can't put a firmware below what the device was programmed for.
I will try to flash EMG4 and use TriangleAway again, hoping that resets the counter!

Firmware is not the same as bootloader lol. The bootloader is wat boots ur fone. Like for windows. The bootloader is mbr. Linux is grub. Android idk wat it is called. But it is definitely irrelevant to the firmware issue.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
30th January 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi i have the same problem , i cant reset flash counter. I Got GMK6 , how to downgrade to XXEMG4 ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread