Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing 4.3 breaks download mode

Tip us?

mrnaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Flashing 4.3 breaks download mode

I recently updated my I9300 to 4.3. The file I used to flash was obtained from sammobile.com:
TEL-I9300TDUUGNC1-20140418172117

I updated using Odin and all appears to have gone well. The phone is working and reports the correct version, expected baseband etc.

However, since I flashed, I am unable to get Odin to recognize the phone in download any more. The PC does not acknowledge the device was plugged in and no COM boxes light up. In short, the device seems to have the USB port disabled when in download mode now. Odin no longer seems to recognize the device.

Does anyone know why flashing 4.3 might result in Odin no longer recognizing the device?

To avoid clarifying questions:
- I'm using a Samsung original cable. It's the same one I used to flash the device to 4.3 with.
- I've tested this cable with another device, a GS4, which shows up just fine in download mode.
- I've installed the latest Kies.
- I've tried Odin3 v1.85 and v3.07
- I've tried looking at the PC and phone with a stern expression.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 691
I've read that similar issues were solved by using a different lead, as short as possible. Also try another pc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

eskorpiao112
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Maybe it's of your pc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

dxppxd
Old
Thanks Meter 185
If all else fails, mobile odin is your friend, free version in android apps section.

mrnaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxppxd View Post
If all else fails, mobile odin is your friend, free version in android apps section.
Mobile Odin requires a rooted phone, and I don't know any method of rooting a phone without Odin. Are there any methods that allow me to root a phone without first flashing something with the USB cable? Are there any apps that can do it? Perhaps using an update.zip with the stock recovery?

To answer above questions:
- I've tried on another PC
- Can't be PC, because this PC can flash other devices via Odin just fine. This is the only device that is playing up.
Tags
odin download mode flash