[Q] Flashing 4.3 breaks download mode
I recently updated my I9300 to 4.3. The file I used to flash was obtained from sammobile.com:
I updated using Odin and all appears to have gone well. The phone is working and reports the correct version, expected baseband etc.
However, since I flashed, I am unable to get Odin to recognize the phone in download any more. The PC does not acknowledge the device was plugged in and no COM boxes light up. In short, the device seems to have the USB port disabled when in download mode now. Odin no longer seems to recognize the device.
Does anyone know why flashing 4.3 might result in Odin no longer recognizing the device?
To avoid clarifying questions:
- I'm using a Samsung original cable. It's the same one I used to flash the device to 4.3 with.
- I've tested this cable with another device, a GS4, which shows up just fine in download mode.
- I've installed the latest Kies.
- I've tried Odin3 v1.85 and v3.07
- I've tried looking at the PC and phone with a stern expression.