Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Stock Rom with Heimdall 1.3.2 on a Macbook 10.6.8

Tip us?

bobbybamboo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashing Stock Rom with Heimdall 1.3.2 on a Macbook 10.6.8

I'm trying to change the stock firmware on my unlocked unrooted international S3: I9300 to an official Samsung ROM downloaded from sammobile. The file I downloaded is called I9300XXDLJ4_I9300OXADLJ4_BTU. It's the UK unbranded firmware. The current firmware is on the phone is:

AP: I9300XXBLH3
CP: I9300XXLH1
CSC: I9300OPSBLH3

I have unzipped the file downloaded from Sammobile, which then gave me a tar.md5 file. So I change the file to just .tar, then unzipped that file. Inside that file I have:
boot.img
cache.img
hidden.img
modem.img
recovery.img
system.img

I then tried to use this tutorial on youtube called: How to Use Heimdall on Mac OSX to Install Kernels and ROMs!

When I open Heimdall on my MacBook, I plug my phone in (in download mode) and go to utilities, detect device, which it does. Then I save the PIT file on my desktop. I then go to the flash tab and browse for the PIT file, load that. Then when I go to add the files I don't have any files listed above called zimage or factoryfs etc, but also the Heimdell options doesn't have anything called kernal or the other ones anyway. My options in the partition name drop down box are:
Bootloader
Userdata
OTA
Hidden
System
Cache
Radio
Recovery
Boot
Param
EFS
BOTA1
BOTA0
MD5HDR
TZSW

The video says to match the files, but mine seems to have different names for things.

I have searched and read many forum posts on here and other sites. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong with either the unzipping or with Heimdall?

Thanks

speedyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Samsung hate apple....thats probably your problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

bobbybamboo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, but I only have access to a Mac. I did try my work computer, but it won't let me install any programs like Odin and drivers without Admin privileges.