5,815,022 Members 38,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] After flashing stock samsung rom, i have been stuck on emergency calls only,help?

Tip us?
 
Akbar.Ahad
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2014
Unhappy [Q] After flashing stock samsung rom, i have been stuck on emergency calls only,help?

Hi,
After flashing stock s3 rom my sim card is not being detected. i know the sim card works because i tried it on another phone and i have a feeling my efs file has been made corrupt as my imei has been completely changes to 0049xxxx. Also i cannot connect to any wifi network but theyre being found . ive looked everywhere and found no answer. Please help me on how i can fix it.
 
ArkThompson
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 62
Join Date: Aug 2014
I'm guessing that you made no efs backup? Do your phone's cellular functions or wi-fi work while running a custom rom? What kind of GS3 do you own (i9300 or i9305?).
 
Akbar.Ahad
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkThompson View Post
I'm guessing that you made no efs backup? Do your phone's cellular functions or wi-fi work while running a custom rom? What kind of GS3 do you own (i9300 or i9305?).
Thanks for replying

Regarding your questions, no i didnt make no efs backup, wifi and cellular functions do not work on custom roms either and i own a I9300
 
Darke5tShad0w
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 315
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar.Ahad View Post
Thanks for replying

Regarding your questions, no i didnt make no efs backup, wifi and cellular functions do not work on custom roms either and i own a I9300
What rom version did you start out with and what rom version did you flash?
 
Akbar.Ahad
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke5tShad0w View Post
What rom version did you start out with and what rom version did you flash?
I started with liquidsmooth on 4.4.4 , which worked flawless, and changed to stock 4.1.3
 
Darke5tShad0w
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 315
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar.Ahad View Post
I started with liquidsmooth on 4.4.4 , which worked flawless, and changed to stock 4.1.3
You cannot go backwards to 4.1 with out a efs v1 back up. Somewhere in 4.3 samsung updated it to v2.
Without a back up you can only use the latest 4.3 and upwards.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
 
Akbar.Ahad
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke5tShad0w View Post
You cannot go backwards to 4.1 with out a efs v1 back up. Somewhere in 4.3 samsung updated it to v2.
Without a back up you can only use the latest 4.3 and upwards.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
Actually im not sure what I flashed to but im pretty sure it is 4.3 as I just done a basic flash using odin, no backup was needed. Could i get somebody elses efs file backup and restore it?
 
Darke5tShad0w
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 315
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar.Ahad View Post
Actually im not sure what I flashed to but im pretty sure it is 4.3 as I just done a basic flash using odin, no backup was needed. Could i get somebody elses efs file backup and restore it?
Going to settings, about phone will tell you the version

No you cannot do that. Read up on that link I sent you.
 
Akbar.Ahad
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2014
Hi there, im on 4.3 stock rom. The thread you provided me with says to flash stock rom with odin. The problem is I do not know which stock rom I should flash. Please tell me which one I should flash and if you can provide me with a link.
My s3 model is gt-i9300, uk model and is unlocked.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Akbar.Ahad
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke5tShad0w View Post
Going to settings, about phone will tell you the version

No you cannot do that. Read up on that link I sent you.
Hi there, im on 4.3 stock rom. The thread you provided me with says to flash stock rom with odin. The problem is I do not know which stock rom I should flash. Please tell me which one I should flash and if you can provide me with a link.
My s3 model is gt-i9300, uk model and is unlocked.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes