[Q] Folders are getting delted randomly

17th May 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
So lately i changed my SD card in my device to a Samsung 32GB and when I transfered all my song, later I noticed on the music player that many of the artist are missing.
when I went to check what's going on, I found out many of the folders were been replaced by empty folders that their name starts with the letter "µ".
like for example, the folder "ACDC" became "µCDC".
I tried transferring everything back again facing the same problems with different folders.
I tried doing a factory reset and tried moving the song to the SD card through a card reader, and checked the files were OK before inserting the SD card back into the device and they seemed fined, but after I inserted the SD card I noticed the folders got curropted again.
also before I inserted the SD card there was like 500 MB of free space on the SD card, while after I inserted it suddenly the was like 15 GB of free space, caused by so many data that got deleted.
I don't believe the SD card is damaged, but that my device is messing my things up....
I also remember that I couldn't transfer any video files to the SD Card when it was in the device and could only transfer them into the device's internal memory.
what can I do?
17th May 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 698

3,128 posts
Use the sd formatting tool on your pc to format the card, if still the same then throw it away. It sounds like a fake card, did all the files work while it was in the pc?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
17th May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Use the sd formatting tool on your pc to format the card, if still the same then throw it away. It sounds like a fake card, did all the files work while it was in the pc?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

All the files have worked while it was on the PC.
I even tried transfering everything via a card reader and everything check allright.
only when I insert it in my device some of the folders get screwd.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread