System freezes... a lot!
Before creating this topic I tried to run some research but I haven't found anything useful that would explain my phones recent behavioural problems. The problem with my i9300 is that the phone freezes at random while Android is operating. This happens in settings, while apps get updated, when getting phone calls, when opening an app, when registering a google account (new setup), when opening SMS app... The sreen stops responding, none of the hardware keys do anything and all I can do is take out the battery. It's just crazy and does not seem to have any rules to this madness. The problem started after flashing a new version of Sentinelrom (and CMW supporting android 4.4.2 installations). This is what I already tried to troubleshoot/resolve:
- flashing another recovery (now on latest PhilzTouch)
- flashing other roms (UltimaAOSP Valhalla, latest CM11 nightly, CM10.2 stable, Slimkat ROM) with full wipes, dalvik cache cleanup etc.
- flashing boefla kernel (during Slimkat tests)
- formating \modem
- formatting externalSD (was and is on exFAT)
- taking out externalSD for a longer period
- restoring apps from google instead of titanium backup
- not restoring any apps and settings from google
- installing apps selectivly
Nothing helped although the phone was running most stable on UltimaAOSP Valhalla (3 freezes during one day). The freeze never happened during playing a movie or listening to music. The freeze never happened while in recovery mode.
Does anyone have any other suggestion on what I can do? Any input appreciated!