Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 44,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S 3 keeps freezing every 5 mins (50+ freezes a day)

Tip us?

drake1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Galaxy S 3 keeps freezing every 5 mins (50+ freezes a day)

My phone has been so good to me ever since I got it in the middle of 2012. Since yesterday it just started freezing every 5 mins or less. I googled the problem it seems loads of people on 4.1.2. Are experiencing the same problem. Am I the only one here going through this and is there any fix? Even a factory reset with data wipe is not helping. Any suggestions? So annoying, how long till Samsung releases a fix for this? This is not a good look for Samsung.

zyloxk
Old
(Last edited by zyloxk; 28th January 2013 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem
I believe it is related to Sudden Death Fix that Samsung implemented in latest 4.1.2 roms. I'm flashing XXEMA2 right now to test...

I suggest you to reset your pin code. This way it will reboot directly to a working device sniff

[Edit]: First freeze with XXEMA2... Seems some parts of the OS are crashing and sometimes I get an ANR message. Right now is "freezed" in whatsapp but the cursor is blinking...
Anyone else with these hangs?
The Following User Says Thank You to zyloxk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Glebun
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,094
Default Re: Galaxy S 3 keeps freezing every 5 mins (50+ freezes a day)

hit "report" and ask the mods to move your thread to the correct section

jinosong
Old
Thanks Meter 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebun View Post
hit "report" and ask the mods to move your thread to the correct section
Are you guys overclocking? If so, lower the top end processor speed or add more power in the voltage table.

DeadSOL
Old
Thanks Meter 1,794
If you're on completely stock firmware and have wiped, you should experience absolutely no problems at all.

Are you rooted? Overclocking? Do you have a different kernel? Restoring your app data? Installing suspicious files?

If so, try keeping a completely stock ROM for a while.
Android devices owned: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, 8GB, Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, 16GB (Pebble Blue), Nexus 7 (2013), 32GB, Nexus 5, 32 GB

zyloxk
Old
(Last edited by zyloxk; 28th January 2013 at 10:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Galaxy S 3 keeps freezing every 5 mins (50+ freezes a day)

In stock firmware, no root neither overclocking.
I'm wiping it to test. It is completely unusable

Edit: wiped and keeps freezing. I've read in Development forum people have also these freezes... Seems Samsung patched SDS with a dirty hack... Sometimes the phone works 1sec before completely freezing

vet4snak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake1 View Post
My phone has been so good to me ever since I got it in the middle of 2012. Since yesterday it just started freezing every 5 mins or less. I googled the problem it seems loads of people on 4.1.2. Are experiencing the same problem. Am I the only one here going through this and is there any fix? Even a factory reset with data wipe is not helping. Any suggestions? So annoying, how long till Samsung releases a fix for this? This is not a good look for Samsung.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyloxk View Post
In stock firmware, no root neither overclocking.
I'm wiping it to test. It is completely unusable

Edit: wiped and keeps freezing. I've read in Development forum people have also these freezes... Seems Samsung patched SDS with a dirty hack... Sometimes the phone works 1sec before completely freezing
my phone freezes itself randomly as well, i am completely stock with XXELLA. this phone is driving me crazy. why would samsung not test their updates completely before issuing such a rubbish update?!

crumec
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default solution?!?!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=1

FDisk80
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Well crap, mine also started freezing all the time. Even more if I try to transfer files to internal sdcard.
Only way to recover is to hold the power button and reboot.
Happened on MA1, then updated it to MA2. Same thing. Still freezes.
Something is going on with internal sdcard maybe? Maybe formatting internal sdcard can help?

bigmo7
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet4snak View Post
my phone freezes itself randomly as well, i am completely stock with XXELLA. this phone is driving me crazy. why would samsung not test their updates completely before issuing such a rubbish update?!
Because I think in this case they wanted to release a fix for the issue ASAP. I don't condone what they've done and to be honest you would expect better from them given the size on their organisation.
HTC One - ARHD 10.0 - Stock Kernel
Nexus 7 - SmoothROM 5.1 - Stock Kernel

History
ZTE Blade II
SGS3
SGS2
SGS
Nokia E71
Nokia 5800
Nokia N82
T-mobile G1
Motoroloa L7
Nokia 7600
Can't remember past this point :/

My (geeky) Android blog
&
Twitter

If someone has helped you out, use the thanks button!