Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Galaxy S3 Android 3.0 Update failed

OP ragava28

22nd January 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi All,

Today I updated my S3 (GT-I9300) International version to Android 3.0 , After that My mobile is stuck on SAMSUNG Blinking screen.

I tried doing Factory Reset By going into (Reset Mode) but no luck... any thoughts on this would be helpful.
22nd January 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 365

402 posts
More
You've got some missing details-
1)Did you install it from Sumsung kies/OTA, flashed stock with odin, or installed custom CWM based one?
2)Did you mean 4.3 rom?
Last edited by amirTor; 22nd January 2014 at 08:56 PM.
22nd January 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor

You've got some missing details-
1)Did you install it from Sumsung kies/OTA, flashed stock with odin, or installed custom CWM based one?
2)Did you mean 4.3 rom?

I am not sure what do we call that.. In my mobile it shown a message stating "Android 3.0 is downloaded & ready for installation, do you want to proceed?" . As I did similar installation previous.I just clicked Install all. after that it Upgrade process completed 100% and when it is about to restart the mobile ,it got struck on SAMSUNG Blink screen.

But in my mobile kies app is installed. I believe it is Kies.
23rd January 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #4  

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragava28

I am not sure what do we call that.. In my mobile it shown a message stating "Android 3.0 is downloaded & ready for installation, do you want to proceed?" . As I did similar installation previous.I just clicked Install all. after that it Upgrade process completed 100% and when it is about to restart the mobile ,it got struck on SAMSUNG Blink screen.

But in my mobile kies app is installed. I believe it is Kies.

Download Kies for pc ('Kies3' if you were using android 4.3 version, otherwise downlad 'Kies'),
plug your device to pc (while in recovery mode), let it be recognized by kies, go to Tools->Emergency firmware recovery, and let it do its magic.
(Be advised that i never tried this method before, so it could potentially delete all your data from device )

Other method is using Odin app. Choose the wanted firmware for your country from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/
and follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969
Note that in this method you'll see all your files intact (so its a good time to backup), but in order to avoid any version merging issues, you should do a 'wipe data/factory reset' + 'wipe cache partition' while in recovery mode.

Good luck
Last edited by amirTor; 23rd January 2014 at 07:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
Android 3 ????

Smells like a fake .
2nd February 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
Thumbs up Thanks Alot!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor

Download Kies for pc ('Kies3' if you were using android 4.3 version, otherwise downlad 'Kies'),
plug your device to pc (while in recovery mode), let it be recognized by kies, go to Tools->Emergency firmware recovery, and let it do its magic.
(Be advised that i never tried this method before, so it could potentially delete all your data from device )

Other method is using Odin app. Choose the wanted firmware for your country from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/
and follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969
Note that in this method you'll see all your files intact (so its a good time to backup), but in order to avoid any version merging issues, you should do a 'wipe data/factory reset' + 'wipe cache partition' while in recovery mode.

Good luck

Hey mate.. I really admire your knowledge. I had the exact problem as mentioned by the user and Thanks a lot. Your solution worked for me.
2nd February 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #7  

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omransayid

Hey mate.. I really admire your knowledge. I had the exact problem as mentioned by the user and Thanks a lot. Your solution worked for me.

Glad I could help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread