[Q] Galaxy S3 Android 3.0 Update failed

Tip us?

ragava28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S3 Android 3.0 Update failed

Hi All,

Today I updated my S3 (GT-I9300) International version to Android 3.0 , After that My mobile is stuck on SAMSUNG Blinking screen.

I tried doing Factory Reset By going into (Reset Mode) but no luck... any thoughts on this would be helpful.

amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 22nd January 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 304
You've got some missing details-
1)Did you install it from Sumsung kies/OTA, flashed stock with odin, or installed custom CWM based one?
2)Did you mean 4.3 rom?

ragava28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor View Post
You've got some missing details-
1)Did you install it from Sumsung kies/OTA, flashed stock with odin, or installed custom CWM based one?
2)Did you mean 4.3 rom?

I am not sure what do we call that.. In my mobile it shown a message stating "Android 3.0 is downloaded & ready for installation, do you want to proceed?" . As I did similar installation previous.I just clicked Install all. after that it Upgrade process completed 100% and when it is about to restart the mobile ,it got struck on SAMSUNG Blink screen.

But in my mobile kies app is installed. I believe it is Kies.

amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 23rd January 2014 at 07:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragava28 View Post
I am not sure what do we call that.. In my mobile it shown a message stating "Android 3.0 is downloaded & ready for installation, do you want to proceed?" . As I did similar installation previous.I just clicked Install all. after that it Upgrade process completed 100% and when it is about to restart the mobile ,it got struck on SAMSUNG Blink screen.

But in my mobile kies app is installed. I believe it is Kies.
Download Kies for pc ('Kies3' if you were using android 4.3 version, otherwise downlad 'Kies'),
plug your device to pc (while in recovery mode), let it be recognized by kies, go to Tools->Emergency firmware recovery, and let it do its magic.
(Be advised that i never tried this method before, so it could potentially delete all your data from device )

Other method is using Odin app. Choose the wanted firmware for your country from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/
and follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969
Note that in this method you'll see all your files intact (so its a good time to backup), but in order to avoid any version merging issues, you should do a 'wipe data/factory reset' + 'wipe cache partition' while in recovery mode.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Android 3 ????

Smells like a fake .

omransayid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks Alot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor View Post
Download Kies for pc ('Kies3' if you were using android 4.3 version, otherwise downlad 'Kies'),
plug your device to pc (while in recovery mode), let it be recognized by kies, go to Tools->Emergency firmware recovery, and let it do its magic.
(Be advised that i never tried this method before, so it could potentially delete all your data from device )

Other method is using Odin app. Choose the wanted firmware for your country from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/
and follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969
Note that in this method you'll see all your files intact (so its a good time to backup), but in order to avoid any version merging issues, you should do a 'wipe data/factory reset' + 'wipe cache partition' while in recovery mode.

Good luck
Hey mate.. I really admire your knowledge. I had the exact problem as mentioned by the user and Thanks a lot. Your solution worked for me.

amirTor
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by omransayid View Post
Hey mate.. I really admire your knowledge. I had the exact problem as mentioned by the user and Thanks a lot. Your solution worked for me.
Glad I could help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk