Galaxy S3 continually reducing storage issue?
I'm having storage trouble with my Galaxy S3, and I'd like to sort it so I can keep using the phone until the S5 is released later this year. This issue only started occurring around September 2013
Essentially, without ME installing anything new, or doing anything except use it as a phone and use google hangouts and facebook, the storage will continue to shrink over a period of 2-3 weeks. Over this same period my battery life from a full charge will shrink from almost a day to just over an hour. This continues until it gets so low on storage space that the phone is not usable.and I factory reset it.
Things I've already tried:
* Cleared app Cache and Data for all apps
* Cleared System log
* Cleared System Cache
* Uninstalled all downloaded apps, one at a time to see if they effected anything
* Disabled all bloatware apps, including google apps
* Factory reset (I'm up to 6 times now)
* Android version 4.1.2
* Model GT-I9300
* All photos, music and other media stored on ext SD card [sandisk ultra 32gb]
* Unrooted phone
* Stock ROM
* When I click on settings->storage the phone sits calculating where data is but never resolves. I've left it for an hour and it just never finishes calculating. Sometimes when I click on settings->storage it will refuse to display anything about internal storage as if it doesn't exist.
* The cache for google+ is HUGE. Over a gig at times, and I don't use the app. I've never even signed in with the app.
ES File Explorer
I'm concerned that this is perhaps the result of a push service, perhaps from samsung or google, which is updating or changing something without asking, and it causes this problem. My secondary concern is that my internal flash mem is faulty. Your assistance is appreciated.