Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] My Galaxy s3 can't download files from browser

OP serpentetdr

14th November 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
i own a galaxy s3 and i have a problem: i cannot download files from the browser. for example, is this restaurant where i order pizza, they have a .pdf menu that you can download. i click on it and it says download unsuccessful. in download manager it says not enough space (i have over 23 gb free space...). i googled it and i found something related to lucky patcher but i don't even know what that is because it isn't installed on my phone. i had insertcoin rom installed, now i have daky. the same problem occured on both roms. Please, can someone help me to repair my phone? it's so awkward to have such a device and to be unable to download a 1MB file from the internet...
14th November 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 118

1,165 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had the same problem it ended up that in the browser setting it was set up to download to sd instead of device and I somehow corrupted my SD card you might have the same problem try move a folder to your SD card and if it says failed then you will have to move all data on SD to internal or a PC and format the SD card then it will be OK that's what happened to me .... if you need any help pm me good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

if its happened on both roms its likely to be the SD card corrupted just transfer all data to internal or a PC ,format the SD then you can transfer it back and all will be OK it sounds just like my problem I've had twice before I don't know how I managed to corrupt my SD but I did ...by default the browser is set to download to SD card and because of the corruption it was unable to download anything to it I think the setting is in the advanced part of browser settings. I hope this helps

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

try moving a couple of files from internal SD to your SD card and see if it says failed or successful ...the browser is set to download to SD card by default on all jb ROMs I don't know why. !!!!!

14th November 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

40 posts
i realise now that you are right. my card was making problems, i removed it and it seems to be better now . thank you for the fast answer.
14th November 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 118

1,165 posts
Donate to Me
More
no problems its an easy fix just format the SD and you are good to go I hope I helped and good luck with it always here if you need any help :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::c ool:

30th December 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Smile your a genus!!!
I have been trying to figure out why I couldnt save files and images from the internet for months!. I took it to tmobile and even they couldn't figure it out!!! I've been searching high and low. Exactly what you said fixed my problem in 45 seconds. Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by port76

I had the same problem it ended up that in the browser setting it was set up to download to sd instead of device and I somehow corrupted my SD card you might have the same problem try move a folder to your SD card and if it says failed then you will have to move all data on SD to internal or a PC and format the SD card then it will be OK that's what happened to me .... if you need any help pm me good luck

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

if its happened on both roms its likely to be the SD card corrupted just transfer all data to internal or a PC ,format the SD then you can transfer it back and all will be OK it sounds just like my problem I've had twice before I don't know how I managed to corrupt my SD but I did ...by default the browser is set to download to SD card and because of the corruption it was unable to download anything to it I think the setting is in the advanced part of browser settings. I hope this helps

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

try moving a couple of files from internal SD to your SD card and see if it says failed or successful ...the browser is set to download to SD card by default on all jb ROMs I don't know why. !!!!!

18th February 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
my galaxy fame cant download from browser
Hi every1... I'm new here and and hoping I can find a solotion
To my problm....
I just got a galaxy fame 6810p and I cant download from
The browser... it always says "download unsucessful, not enuff space"and even when I format mem card with the fone
It says unsupported or damaged card... and its a new 8GB card...
Its been so frustrating... i've just tried changing browser storage to device memory but I still cant dowload... and moving a file
From device to ext card always fails... dont know why its so or what to do anymore...
Will really appreciate any suggestions or insight into this dilema.... I'm a newbie to the android family...... thx... I await any response.
19th February 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #7  

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drefame

Hi every1... I'm new here and and hoping I can find a solotion
To my problm....
I just got a galaxy fame 6810p and I cant download from
The browser... it always says "download unsucessful, not enuff space"and even when I format mem card with the fone
It says unsupported or damaged card... and its a new 8GB card...
Its been so frustrating... i've just tried changing browser storage to device memory but I still cant dowload... and moving a file
From device to ext card always fails... dont know why its so or what to do anymore...
Will really appreciate any suggestions or insight into this dilema.... I'm a newbie to the android family...... thx... I await any response.

maybe you encrypted the sd , and when you formatted it the encrypt key was deleted , i'm sorry to tell you if that is true , you just lost your mem card

and try using your mobile specfic forum , as alot of members aren't that friendly here , and the forums rules are strict

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread