Galaxy S3 keeps freezing

28th January 2013, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
suddenly my samsung galaxy s3 keeps freezing and I have to make a hard reset every time. I tried to make factory reset, or wipe factory reset, but the same problem.
what should I do?
28th January 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 1,094

5,007 posts
Re: Galaxy S3 keeps freezing
are you on SDS-safe firmware?
28th January 2013, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 134

484 posts
Dude, instead of creating yet another post with this, you could have searched to quite easily find out your phone is halfway dead and should be sent back to samsung for repair as soon as possible. Make it safe to return if you messed with it (flash original stuff, reset counter, etc, read a bit if you don't know what to do, it's all over these forums) and just take it in.

Don't take this the wrong way but you'd think it's common sense to just return any product (not even phone related) that it's malfunctioning instead of asking what to do to random people in a third party forum
28th January 2013, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oran, Algeria
Thanks Meter: 613

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karaks5

suddenly my samsung galaxy s3 keeps freezing and I have to make a hard reset every time. I tried to make factory reset, or wipe factory reset, but the same problem.
what should I do?

use the sds safe précautions to prevent freezing

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhariamine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2013, 08:35 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
And what are the sds safe precautions or where can I find it?
29th January 2013, 08:55 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 1,094

5,007 posts
just search in the general section
29th January 2013, 07:36 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 25

40 posts
Device:GT-I9300 32gb
I have the same problem, this seems to be firmware related to me, the phone works in safe mode but this is really crappy now. I don't think there should be a return unless it's the only fix.Will try and flash JB and update the post.

Edit: Is that sds the Sudden death thing. I tried searching but no results come up. I am a new comer to Samsung as their devices sucked for ages and they still seem to do. Please can some one advise us(the op and myself and future people with this problem) on what is the main cause of this issue that a hard reset fixes it. But for my device,it doesn't die it stops functioning.

This is how I get this problem, my phone is rooted, but it runs fine only when there is a app crash the phone locks up and thats it.
what i tried: I tried to back up my data so i could save myself from reinstalling all my app. I hard reseted the phone and the phone functioned again
but after restoring my data the phone locks up again. Now my phone works about 5sec from normal boot but then locks up. It works fine in safe mode. So really where is issue? Is an app is making the whole OS to jam there has to be a simple fix for this.
Please don't say return the device, thats the dumbest thing to ever say. We want to over come the problem not ignore it/get rid of it.

Thanks for your time guys
Last edited by 'Bashy'; 30th January 2013 at 08:01 AM.
31st January 2013, 08:28 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 347

984 posts
Try this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=63
1st February 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
My S3 started well and then "SUDDEN DEAD"
1st February 2013, 09:48 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Well. I reverted back to 4.1.1 and no more random reboots or freezes. It was definitely ROM issue.
Any one tried new EMA2 rom? If yes, still freezing?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread