Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] galaxy s3 GT I9300

OP indhey

25th April 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi Everyone.
I'm new here so I needed some help...
I just bought a galaxy s3 GT i9300
and it is stuck in boot mode
its doesn't boot at all
can someone help me out ?
25th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 212

667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indhey

Hi Everyone.
I'm new here so I needed some help...
I just bought a galaxy s3 GT i9300
and it is stuck in boot mode
its doesn't boot at all
can someone help me out ?

If you just got it and it's brand new, it means you didnt mess enithing up so take out the battery and then press the pover button...be careful not to press the volme buttons. If you bought it second hand from someone ask that person to tell you what he did with it (root, custom recovery, etc)
25th April 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark'em

If you just got it and it's brand new, it means you didnt mess enithing up so take out the battery and then press the pover button...be careful not to press the volme buttons. If you bought it second hand from someone ask that person to tell you what he did with it (root, custom recovery, etc)

go back to whoever you got it from and tell them that it wont boot, they should be able to fix it
25th April 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 212

667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kLN93

go back to whoever you got it from and tell them that it wont boot, they should be able to fix it

I would but it's nit mine, I just answered in the thread

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th April 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
You got it as it is? Are you able to enter into download mode?
1st May 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Galaxy s3 i9300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark'em

Sorry bro I have already tried taking out the battery and putting it back and the power button. I bought it brand new from Dubai,UAE and at present Im in Djibouti East Africa which means I cant bring it back. Any other solutions ?:
1st May 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dolores CO / Surprise AZ
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...S_III/GT-I9300 this will help some. Do as it instructs to get to download mod.
If you get three symbols of a phone, computer and triangle this is fine.
Now if you have Kies or if you don't go get it ( http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/). Now plug the phone into the computer using the USB cable to load the drivers
Now open Kies it up and go to the tool button and go to Firmware upgrade and initialization and click on it and it will open up to a box asking for the Model name to which you will enter, it will then ask for the serial number (S/N) put it in ( Mind is 11 that starts with R and ends with W). Now follow the on screen instructions.
Last edited by bmttinman; 1st May 2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Add content

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread