Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] galaxy s3 i9300 does not boot up

OP peerfunk

15th June 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
hey guys i dont know if this is the right place to post it but i just do it:
i have a problem with my i9300. it looks like its a sudden death syndrome but i think its not.
i plugged it in over night to charge and in the morning i couldnt unlock it. i pulled the battery out and tried to reboot. it did nothing i read that people whoes phone had sds could see the samsung splash screen on bootup, my phone however does nothing and the battery is dead it does not even charge in another phone and putting a new battery in my phone also didnt change anything. i dont have a warranty for my phone anymore so it would really help if i would know if i have to rewrite the emmc or if it is a hardware error..
hope i am at the right place here
15th June 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 709

3,206 posts
No, the splash screen is half-SDS. Totally dead is SDS, only thing left to try is a usb jig.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
thank you very much!
15th June 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
ok i tried it out but it didnt work i dowloaded the service manual and i followed the instrucions. i measured:
C561 = 0V, C559 = 0V, C558 = 0V, C556 = 0V so now i think its the u501 thats damaged have to measure if its broken or not though..
15th June 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 71

385 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peerfunk

ok i tried it out but it didnt work i dowloaded the service manual and i followed the instrucions. i measured:
C561 = 0V, C559 = 0V, C558 = 0V, C556 = 0V so now i think its the u501 thats damaged have to measure if its broken or not though..

I'm curious what and how did you measure that, please? A friend's s3 is also stuck at boot screen...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
15th June 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
i just measured at the points given in the service manual http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...anual-t1682038 from section 8-3-1. Power On with a voltmeter.. ( you can either use the golden stripes or the battery pin as ground i wouldnt recommend to use the usb pins.. oh wait an i measured it without the battery maybe it changes if you put it in...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread